the Rift

[JUDGED] Oh yeah?!!? [Open!]

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

Rhoa

I belong anywhere but inbetween.

At first I think that no one will come, and the relief that floods through me is tangible. Everything goes cool, and blue, and I feel myself relax. That doesn't make me a coward it just ... I mean, I tried didn't I? I called out and no one answered. Lots of people are usually around here, but today I guess they're all busy, who knows. I relax and lean back on my haunches, folding my burning wings against my flanks. Sighing, I let all of my anxiety disappear and turn for home.

I will definitely try again tomorrow. Tomorrow maybe I'll go to the heart! Or to the-

I had been turning mid-thought, slower than I had been before now that I wasn't so worked up, when I saw her. She could have been any size, any colour, any species and I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference. My breath caught in my chest and I just froze, my gaze falling upon her in astonishment. I couldn't make out any details - if you had asked me right then and there I probably couldn't have even told you my name. My mind was completely focused on the impossibility of someone having shown up.

"Nononononononononononono" I whispered with increased hysteria as I continued to stare, thinking that perhaps I could just wish her away. Wait! I didn't need to wish her away, I could talk to her! Mother had taught me a little about politics and negotiation. I'm sure I could make her see how this was all some big mistake. Maybe I could even tell her that it wasn't me who had called out. That it was some other chicken-shit kid, and that I was just out for a stroll. Oh me? Of course I fight. On any other day I'd love you take you up on it, but you see I have this horrible cramp...

That would work, wouldn't it?

I wouldn't have time to find out. Instead a bolt of lightning rushed towards me and I heard myself shriek as I jumped to my left. No fair! We hadn't even agreed on rules yet! Wasn't that how it worked?? As I felt pain rush through my right thigh I realized just how clueless and fucked I was. I had no idea how any of this worked. But there was no time to dwell on the hysterical panic rising through my body, instead my mind was completely swamped by the pain which now felt more like a fire. It felt like it had spread all over my right leg, but if I really concentrated, I would have said it was just my thigh. Then again how should I know, I've never even been in a fight before, much less shocked or burned or whatever had just happened.

I have a dim hope that maybe I could still talk my way out of this, until I realized she was running at me. After I had jumped to the left to try and escape her lightning (#failure), I had once again just stupidly stood still staring. As her body rocketed towards me, I let that hope die.

I was definitely dead. I had fucked up. Well, only one thing left to do.

Opening my mouth, I screamed. And I mean I really let myself wail. I screamed for Mother and Ivezho, for Father and how absent he had been, for the bird-lady who had ruined my childhood with her stupid riddles, for Adelric and his companion and their fucking amulets. For Mordecai and Einarr and Meg, and for just how absurdly useless I had become. I let it all out as I ran towards her. I wasn't very fast - I've never had to ignore pain before and so I wasn't very good at it. Spreading my wings which pulsed and glowered like burning embers, I hoped to at least freak her out. Maybe she would think she'd be burned if she came too close. Hell, maybe she'd run away. Doubting it, I braced myself for impact. I tried to keep her sort of on my left side, so that my left shoulder might hit hers, but who knows. I pulled my wings in close so that I wouldn't break them just before I thought we were going to hit.

Setting: Ancient Rotunda. Midday in Orangemoon. The air is much cooler, and there is a layer of clouds covering the sun.
WC: 703
Attack: 1/3

TAG: @[Name] | # WC | Notes if needed.

FOXX

Messages In This Thread
Oh yeah?!!? [Open!] - by Rhoa - 04-01-2015, 02:37 PM
RE: Oh yeah?!!? [Open!] - by Roskuld - 04-01-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: Oh yeah?!!? [Open!] - by Rhoa - 04-01-2015, 04:52 PM
RE: Oh yeah?!!? [Open!] - by Roskuld - 04-02-2015, 01:35 AM
RE: Oh yeah?!!? [Open!] - by Rhoa - 04-07-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: Oh yeah?!!? [Open!] - by Roskuld - 04-09-2015, 02:45 PM
RE: Oh yeah?!!? [Open!] - by Rhoa - 04-16-2015, 11:07 AM