the Rift

The Final Ascent

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
   ranjiri</style>
  dreams start their drifting and you hear a lullaby</style>

I had watched my brother be taken away from me, had felt my heart being ripped from me chest and torn apart only a few short weeks ago. Now I witnessed my father as he fell from the sky, plummeting toward the ground faster and faster until the earth caught him. My eyes were wide, and my mouth hung open as I watched with increasing horror. I think I was screaming but the only thing I could hear was my heart pounding in my ears as I ran as fast as I could.

Auntie had suggested that stay in the Basin for a short while, saying that it was unsafe to travel. At first I did not understand but after I witnessed her leave with Momma and some other strong and muscular unicorns I had a feeling that I knew what was going on. I just wasn't positive. I knew daddy was there, but I hadn't been to see him yet and as I ran to where I had seen him fall I regretted it with every fiber of my being.

"Daddy!" I could hear myself screaming for him, but it was already too late. I couldn't tell my daddy one more time that I loved him. I couldn't tell him that I didn't hate him. I couldn't even beg him to fight to stay alive because he was already gone. I stopped running, I stopped screaming for him and I stood numb and disbelieving that I had witnessed someone else that I loved be taken away from me.

Who else? Who else would I lose?

I blinked, my head turned and I looked at the equine mare that was laying next to his body. She plucked a feather and whispered that he wouldn't be forgotten. I stood shaking, trembling, feeling like I was on the verge of falling apart. I wished for my Momma, I wished for my brother, for Cera, Gaucho, Mister Archibald .... anyone that could just keep me together.

"."

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
The Final Ascent - by God of the Earth - 04-01-2015, 05:55 PM
RE: The Final Ascent - by Ulrik - 04-01-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: The Final Ascent - by Phantom - 04-01-2015, 09:25 PM
RE: The Final Ascent - by Essetia - 04-01-2015, 10:30 PM
RE: The Final Ascent - by Ulrik - 04-01-2015, 11:40 PM
RE: The Final Ascent - by Phantom - 04-02-2015, 10:06 PM
RE: The Final Ascent - by Ranjiri - 04-02-2015, 10:35 PM
RE: The Final Ascent - by Essetia - 04-22-2015, 12:40 AM