the Rift

New Beginnings, New Hopes

Hestia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
It seemed, like most days, that this day would be indifferent. The wind blew through her mane, strands of hair blocking her view of the vast forest. Hestia breathed a sigh, closing her eyes briefly. It was cloudy that day, the sun didn't shine and the wind blew freely. It felt great to have finally gotten to this place. Hestia had been running around for far too long, perhaps her new home would come soon.

With her head held high, she mustered herself to continue on, marching further into the forest. After months . . . no! Seasons of silence! She was finally searching for someone to call out to, to reach out to. Being alone wasn't always the best thing out there. Hestia missed the gentle touches and small talk she used to have with her mother. She was long gone now of course. Her mother was the only horse she spoke to. Not counting the short encounters with an outcast or two.

She often pondered about that. What was she? She had no one with her, she had no strength, she had no specialties to make any herd want her. So what was she? What did she have? Hestia shook her head and continue on, forgetting those thoughts. She refused to think of herself as an outcast. She might not like talking to others, but she didn't want to be completely alone either.

The trees above her, with their out stretching branches, looked over her. As if looking down at her. She shot a glance up, glaring at the sky and the branches hanging above. "Now don't look down at me like that!" She snapped, front legs hitting the ground, dirt flying in different directions. Hestia closed her eyes one more time, ears lowering slightly. "I'll figure it out. I'll find a home. I'll find myself a new beginning. After all, I still have more time to live."

Word count: 317

Messages In This Thread
New Beginnings, New Hopes - by Hestia - 04-04-2015, 05:33 PM
RE: New Beginnings, New Hopes - by Megaera - 04-05-2015, 08:58 PM
RE: New Beginnings, New Hopes - by Hestia - 04-05-2015, 09:58 PM