the Rift

My doctor says I'm lacking Vitamin U

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
He answers my question by claiming he went slowly so others would see him, but I have no doubt that everyone can see him. He is lightly colored and smell of mint and sugar. I bob my head in a nod, a gesture of understanding. He is interesting, oddly unusual. He is quite talkative, but he make the same assumption of me, but in reality... I didn't speak so much. Perhaps I was in a mood, trying to make pleasant conversation in an attempt to get my constant worries off my chest. Still, the problems that seemed constant in my life floated back to the top, above everything else. I began thinking about them, my issues. I had caused them all, but I could not stop them once they started. So instead of fighting my problems, in the end I just gave up and stopped fighting them. My problems will vanish when they vanish, hopefully. I don't really want to end up like Mauja, old, cold, and seemingly lonely. I didn't want to be like Kahlua, either. With no real problems. Her problems surely include having one too many stallions love her. Oh, wow! Such struggle, stallions love you! Bitterly, I shoved the unwelcome image of her painted body out of my mind.

The conversation continues as I introduce myself to him. He replies with a quick 'no fire' request. Surely everyone would make that request if they knew I could will my body to ignite like they can will their legs to move. I feign innocence and lie, a flawless lie, if I say so myself. I've grown to be quite the lier, and unless this stallion has magic to detect it, he should not know of my lying. "I can not control fire! That is preposterous, and most likely ridiculously dangerous, too." There is only a slight scent of smoke on my hide, but that could be from me just being near a fire. No one has to know that the smoke and fire came from within me. He seems to be thinking when I ask another question, but has no time to answer it. Another stallion strides up to us, confidently, in my eyes. As if he is not worried at all about being here. Some deep part of my body clenches and goes rigid. It's a fucking unicorn.

By now, I've this theory that those of the Aurora Basin are racist, but I can not know for certain. I start fidgeting, my ears swiveling much more reverently than before, my eyes darting back and forth, too. At my sides, my wings tighten against my body dramatically, as if I am fearful he will lunge and me and rip them off like that one unicorn tried when I was a yearling. Will he challenge me like the blood bay, paint, warrior? Or is he a sneaky son of a bitch like Thranduil? I've had a couple run-ins with unicorns, you could say, and about 95% of the unicorn population scares the fucking shit out of me.

He questions me, asking why I want to eat him, but I do not know myself. "I don't fucking know," I retaliated defensively, my ears threatening to pin flat against my neck and my brow furrowing, jaw ready to spring open and attack if needed. My flighty instincts kick in and I begin feeling rather trapped in, growing more and more defensive. I've never met either of these stallions, but their horns make me uncomfortable (more so the bay stallion's horns... Why the fuck is one broken?). I've never thought of myself as racist, but perhaps I am. I just can't fucking stand unicorns. It may be a more low-key racism, fueled by fear, but I don't care. Racism is racism, and I constantly find myself enjoying pegasi far more than unicorn or even equine.

I stay silent for a bit now, only answering when a question is poses. "You are in Helovia's Threshold, it is the main entrance for non-flight animals, perhaps the only." I had never really looked for another entrance, but perhaps one existed. Still, this wingless stallions would be forever stuck to the ground, traveling through this entrance. The entrance for the flightless.

Another moment passes then a question. He introduces himself and I to the bay stallion. "Indeed, I am Aurelia. I've lived in many herds, been prisoner of many herds.." I eye the bay unicorn with a sort of "it's all your fault glare", as I assume him to be in the Aurora Basin (a place where I was imprisoned for a good amount of time) like every other fucking unicorn. There isn't even any originality. Unicorns go to the Aurora Basin, it's almost a law. I'd be thoroughly surprised to see many unicorns elsewhere. "But I am an outcast for now." I finish and wait for the dark bay's answer to the question.

ooc: just so you know, most of the accusations and assumptions are just thoughts/ideas aurelia has and she has no idea for certain if AB is racist, if d'artagnan is racist, or if he even lives there. :3 she just jumps to conclusions

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Messages In This Thread
My doctor says I'm lacking Vitamin U - by Johnny - 04-06-2015, 06:14 PM
RE: My doctor says I'm lacking Vitamin U - by Aurelia - 04-09-2015, 12:48 AM