[OPEN] Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting]

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

her fight and fury is fiery
oh but she loves
like sleep to the freezing

The great dun seemed to take a moment to consider her question and when he finally did answer she was all attentiveness. Ears perked themselves forward to listen to the deep rumble and dark eyes boldly meeting the blue. He answered her concerns well enough and she was interested to hear him tell the reasons behind his decision. On the floating isle the White Queen and scolded her for setting to much store in gods and herds, but she hadn’t been entirely correct in that statement. As far as Helovia’s political landscape was concerned Meg had only even focused one a single god, a single herd.

It was the Sun God and then the others, just as it was Dragon’s Throat and then everyone else.

Megaera’s understanding would have to grow, and quicker than she might have expected. the past weeks had already started the process when the Earth God had given her Mordecai. Even without realizing it, motherhood had begun to change the militant mare. Where before she might have instigated a fight, pushed for Gaucho and Ampere to call the warriors to action, she now accepted the decision against it. Their home was not threatened, and Meg could be grateful for that fact and see the benefit in keeping it that way.

The Sun god himself had added another weight to that scale. ”…all warriors but learn that destruction is not the only means by which one can conquer and protect.” The words were seared into her memory, and though they went against her instincts, Meg wanted to find the truth in them. Gaucho decreed neutrality in the northerner’s disputes and Meg would hold herself to that. Thinking the Sultan was finished in his business, that bay guardian dipped her head in a sharp nod on acknowledgment and moved to step back to her place in the crowd. As it happens, Gaucho was not finished.

He surveyed them all, and a grin spread across Megaera’s features as she relaxed. It was clear the pride he took in his family and is was a pride Meg shared. To her thinking, she could ask for none finer than those who stood around her and so far not a single one of then had ever given a reason to doubt. Warriors, craftsmen, healers, bright children, and good souls; they were the Sun’s chosen people, strong and bold and good! Meg’s gaze flicked to Einarr beside her. Strong and bold and good…

She was sorry to hear of Tandavi’s departure, for she had been meaning to get better acquainted with the FireDancer. Meg was rather interested in what the fires might have shown the former Diviner and indeed for a moment Meg wondered at that to much and missed Gaucho’s gaze pass over her as his words hung in the air. The announcement of Ampere’s promotion brought her attention back and she turned her head to grin at the Blue. Meg quite liked Ampere. She had proven a capable Gladiator, and Meg had fought at her side at the Endless Blue. A true sword-sister.

"And Gaucho pick Megaera for new Sultana.”

Meg’s eyes were still trained on Ampere when the words reached her ears. Like a whip, her head snapped around to Gaucho. The grin was wiped away and Meg’s eyes were wide with surprise. She couldn’t stop her body from tightening, here expression almost severe as for half a heartbeat that seemed to last forever, she stared at the Sultan.

Sultana? ME as Sultana?! As confident as Megaera was in her abilities as a soldier, she would never have though herself a candidate to be put on equal footing with Gaucho. Sohalia was back, shouldn't the mated pair resume co leadership as they had done in the past? Ignorant what had transpired between them, Meg would had though that surely Ampere would have been considered another option. The blue mare had already proved capable of leading the warriors so why in the Sun’s name should Megaera have been elevated above her?

For another heartbeat Meg wondered if this was some joke but as that thought formed she knew it couldn’t be. She had never know Gaucho to speak anything he did not mean, and surely not in regards to the safety and the future of his herd. The flicker of fear was familiar, No, not me, someone else would be better. I don’t know how. The same doubts had flared up when she had been given Mordecai to care for, to love. The God of Earth and Einarr had placed their faith in Megaera to guard and nurture a helpless child and now Gaucho was mirroring that faith by placing her to guard and nurture Dragon’s Throat.

What Gaucho commanded, she would do.

Determination. Pride. Hope. All erupted in in Meg’s heart like a wildfire, and the surprise on her features hardened into a blazing look. If this is what was asked of her, she would find a way to deliver. A slow solemn nod was aimed to the Wildfire, I will lead our family well. I promise. Even as she raised her head again, Ampere’s call rung in her ears and she beamed. The excitement, Ampere’s words had her laughing and then she was literally beaming. What had first beet brought forth in turmoil was raised again in joy: she tossed her head high and the sun’s light erupted from the mare and into the sky. When it dimmed, and her eye here their dark sleeves again, she looked around at all gathered, and came to rest on Gaucho again. “I am honored to be counted among you and if this is to be my charge I could wish for no finer family to lead. I will work forever to be worthy of the task.”
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting] - by Gaucho - 04-07-2015, 10:22 AM
RE: Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting] - by Maren - 04-07-2015, 04:11 PM
RE: Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting] - by Ísfold - 04-08-2015, 10:17 AM
RE: Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting] - by Hertz - 04-08-2015, 08:16 PM
RE: Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting] - by Mesec - 04-08-2015, 08:31 PM
RE: Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting] - by Spice - 04-09-2015, 02:03 PM
RE: Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting] - by Megaera - 04-18-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting] - by Maren - 04-19-2015, 06:04 AM
RE: Battles and Silence [Herd Meeting] - by Mesec - 04-25-2015, 12:19 PM