the Rift

[OPEN] Babe in the Woods

Ruairi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The younger filly dives as soon as I suggest a landing and suddenly I’m alone. Despair washes across my darkened spine and sends me plummeting down behind her, but the sensation of loneliness now acknowledged refuses to be shed. It clings to me like the weight of a downpour and presses me to the ground.

It’s more of a controlled fall than an orchestrated landing, the way my back hooves touch ground first and then the front, but with wings spread wide and angled forward I manage to keep my body upright and come to fours smoothly, if a little heavily, a few paces from the smaller pegasus.

She’s already talking in an excited rush as I shake out my feathers and tuck them carefully into layers at my sides, the familiar pressure lending a small comfort in my distress. I’m far afield of my home and only now beginning to realize just how large the field might be – how large the world might be.

My ears and eyes want to sweep across the meadow in anxious movement, but I train them forward and bend my mind to the conversation at hand.

“I’m Ruairi. Rue if you like.”

The acid taste of worry sits firm in my stomach, soured further by the unfamiliar welcome. I've never even heard of a Helovia before, but the more I listen to the little mare talk the more infectious her cheer becomes. Foals are always so full of energy and truth-be-told I’ve not completely outgrown that energy myself. I offer a small, lopsided grin in fellowship.

"I've never seen a fox like that. I thought you just had a fuzzy blue mark on your back!"

OOC: @[Tempe] Sorry about the wait. Do you want to keep going?
RUAIRI

manip | table | bg

Messages In This Thread
[OPEN] Babe in the Woods - by Ruairi - 04-08-2015, 03:06 AM
RE: [OPEN] Babe in the Woods - by Tempe - 04-11-2015, 01:28 AM
RE: [OPEN] Babe in the Woods - by Ruairi - 04-12-2015, 07:53 PM
RE: [OPEN] Babe in the Woods - by Ruairi - 05-05-2015, 01:23 AM