the Rift

Something that glows

Camon Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.2 :: 2 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Angel

Acidic copper and smoke -- those gut retching textures, they are just hanging in the air above distant hills like a toxic miasma. A shitstorm. I quickly turn my back on their strife; before my heart has a moment to form an opinion ahead of my brain. What right did a complete stranger have to judge? None.
______

A glorious full moon casts her pale fingers upon the browning foliage. It should be noted that as a child I'd always thought she looked like a big, wet eyeball -- silver and blind. As an adult, my opinion hadn't changed. Each leaf is outlined, seemingly glowing; the air around me is motionless. Not a breath of wind to stir the dark canopy. Absolute silence. The hidden crickets and nightlife beasts seem to have finally settled for slumber. Suddenly, 'rustle, rustle, scratch, scratch.'Perhaps not all manner of beast had hit the hay; every so often the startling complaint of a broken twig or bleary cry of an owl would come to reaffirm that I wasn't entirely alone.

'rustle, scratch, rustle.'

Emerald gems with their vibrant, heart melting color inked by this eve, flick to the noisy undergrowth. A smoky shape emerges from that leafy bed; one tiny wet nose is sniffing cool soil earnestly, digging, flicking twigs to and fro. Pink forepaws and their tiny needles are camouflaged by debris. Two beady eyes, blacker then any I'd ever seen before, jerk in my direction. We both regard each other without fear, for a single heartbeat. Though as quickly as he appeared, my company comes to a decision and darts from sight.

Still alone. Still standing. I press my bulk firmly against the sturdy base of a towering ceder, chosen to take shelter from. Both ears crane forward, listening as his faint pawsteps slip further and further away -- until they disappear entirely. My free wing stretches out, extending, then collapsing to nestle firmly against the roof of my spine, each hollow perfectly angled for comfort. The goal is to snag a few hours of sleep before heading back out on the road.

Camon

set fire to the DARK
Table by Time. Art by Angel/ Moon-illusion

Messages In This Thread
Something that glows - by Camon - 04-11-2015, 09:24 AM
RE: Something that glows - by Diesel - 04-11-2015, 09:04 PM
RE: Something that glows - by Camon - 04-12-2015, 05:03 PM
RE: Something that glows - by Ilios - 04-13-2015, 06:05 AM
RE: Something that glows - by Camon - 04-15-2015, 08:19 AM
RE: Something that glows - by Diesel - 04-17-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: Something that glows - by Camon - 04-18-2015, 02:15 PM