the Rift

Something that glows

Camon Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.2 :: 2 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Angel

An undeniable frown deepens as feelings of dismay creep closer from being forced to turn for a response from our taller, (unnamed) companion. Distracted, unsettled, I instinctively press more firmly against the rough bark of this old tree we stood beside -- the solid weight eases anxiety. Though it isn't enough to stop one amber ear from twitching back as we (I) listen quietly to the news of war. Hidden Falls, Worlds Edge, and Aurora Basin...Hadn't the other lad said he hailed from a place called, 'Worlds Edge'? Not unkindly, my shadowed stare falls to Ilios with a look that could only be described as unreadable.

The manchild added an unexpected nugget of silence to his demeanor -- despite being curious and welcoming only moments before. I wonder silently as the knowledge hangs between us, 'maybe this kid didn't have an answer -- maybe ignorance struck a personal cord the wrong way?' Who could say for sure? I certainly wasn't obliged to babysit the sensitivities of a stranger...a reasonable reaction would be to place those miniscule concerns aside to make room for more important things.

Hardly a second after the bangled man had finished, a rough,"No,"comes flying out from this jaw. Perhaps it would be the finality in my tone or the angle at which these brows inch higher -- any fool with eyeballs could plainly see the notion of joining anything or anyone was extremely unappealing to me. "I'm not good with..." what word would sound less offensive than the first few that sit front and center, "Others," I decide, unnoticeably pleased with myself. There was zero talent for playing well with peers or the like. Come to think, I didn't have any outstanding gifts... something to ponder about for the road ahead. "Thanks," for waking me up, for forcing me to communicate, "For the information," part of me wished my voice was stronger, gruffer. The other part could care less. "It was...interesting to meet you both." They could claim this particular slice of forest, my toes are more than willing to find someplace less crowded.

Camon

set fire to the DARK
Table by Time. Art by Angel/ Moon-illusion

@[Diesel]
@[Ilios]

Messages In This Thread
Something that glows - by Camon - 04-11-2015, 09:24 AM
RE: Something that glows - by Diesel - 04-11-2015, 09:04 PM
RE: Something that glows - by Camon - 04-12-2015, 05:03 PM
RE: Something that glows - by Ilios - 04-13-2015, 06:05 AM
RE: Something that glows - by Camon - 04-15-2015, 08:19 AM
RE: Something that glows - by Diesel - 04-17-2015, 07:24 PM