the Rift

[OPEN] COME WITH ME NOW

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
I'LL BE YOUR NUMBER ONE WITH A BULLET
a loaded god complex, cock it and pull it
Today he had gathered stones and trinkets from beneath the ground, carrying them up into the sunlight and inspecting them with a critical eye. Ever since the metal had begun to leak from his shoulder, Zèklè had found himself fascinated with metallic, minerals, rock and stone. He was drawn to the sparkling and shiny, the hidden diamonds in the rough-hewn earth- and, much to his delight, he had found dozens of prizes on the northern shore across the bridge, glittering in the sand and winking merrily from crevices in murky cave walls.

He was meant to do something with them. Of this he was sure. The minerals nearly spoke to him, a million faceted voices begging him to make them into something new, give them purpose and life. He had tried stacking them, throwing them, hiding them. He had stared at the things through sunbeam eyes, let them fill his gaze until there was nothing left but him and them and the world had gone dark. With shocking patience for a child usually so wild, he waited, and waited, and waited.

Still, nothing seemed to change.

Maybe he had to speak to them, to coax the mineral from the dirt, convince it that it was okay, it could change, he was a friend and a harbinger of metamorphosis, not destruction. Maybe, like the metal on his side, it would eventually free itself from whatever held it back, ease its way into the world with all the boldness the boy knew it must possess. The rocks wanted to change they wanted to live, Zèklè knew that much.

He just needed to figure out how.

He had amassed a small fortune in quartz and hematite, thunder egg and opal- even some gold flecks and bright emerald shards. Copper, cobalt; all were added indiscriminately to the mix, until at last the boy had collected a veritable tower and sat, staring, in the mouth of the cave. Afternoon sun baked the boy in a pleasant glow, outlining his features and glancing off the titanium of his shoulder with a radiant glare. The boy was stubborn, resilient, but even he could not stare at rocks forever. Tired, he flopped inelegantly onto his side, a cloud of dust rising beneath the pressure of his head, his wing splaying out beneath him, a great exhalation leaving his lungs with a weary, over-indulgent whoof.

Zèklè closed his eyes.

When he opened them he could have screamed. But of course he didn't. That wouldn't be manly.

At worst he squeaked, rolling and pawing away from the vibrant emeralds which stared at him from a mashed up, mottled, opal-hematite-copper-cobalt-crystal face. The thing was vaguely round-ish, about a two feet tall with two... legs? The boy pulled himself upright, his shock dissipating in the wake of his curiosity. Yeah, legs, and then two other limbs that he didn't know to call arms, one copper and one a mix of cobalt and quartz. On its opal/hematite head were the two small emerald eyes, and gold glittered along its back. It was a bizarre amalgamation of various materials, a monstrous beast of Dr. Frankenstein proportions.

It was beautiful, and it was alive, and he had made it HIMSELF!

"Oh. My. SUN GOD!"

Maniacal laughter followed the outburst, and the boy scrambled to his hooves. He ran, and the creature lumbered behind; he stopped, and the creature came to rest by his side. Wing flared and tail feathers held aloft, he reared, bucked, whooped his joy. This was amazing!

He had created LIFE.

He was basically a GOD.

Z è K L è
am i more than you bargained for yet?

image credit

Messages In This Thread
COME WITH ME NOW - by Zèklè - 04-12-2015, 11:08 PM
RE: COME WITH ME NOW - by Megaera - 04-16-2015, 11:19 PM
RE: COME WITH ME NOW - by Roskuld - 04-19-2015, 01:50 PM
RE: COME WITH ME NOW - by Zèklè - 04-19-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: COME WITH ME NOW - by Megaera - 05-04-2015, 07:09 PM
RE: COME WITH ME NOW - by Roskuld - 05-05-2015, 02:24 PM