the Rift

[OPEN] COME WITH ME NOW

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
I'LL BE YOUR NUMBER ONE WITH A BULLET
a loaded god complex, cock it and pull it
The more he looked at it, the more it seemed to look back, its emerald eyes bright and unblinking in a face of mottled stone. Zéklé had been proud before, but that was nothing compared to this, what he felt as he looked at the first thing he had ever created, the first life he had ever given, the first really, really special thing he had ever done. So what if he only had one wing, and there was metal coming out of his other side, and he was still shorter than the other kids? So what if he talked funny and liked rocks and didn't know how he felt about his Da? None of 'em could do anything like this, of that he was certain, and the grin which stretched across his lips threatened to split the boy's face.

What all could it do? Would it follow him? Zéklé took a hopping step backwards, widening the distance between himself and the thing. When nothing happened the boy frowned, brows growing tight over sunbeam eyes. "Come here!" he demanded, and remarkably the thing obeyed, tottering into motion on squat little legs, ambling leisurely toward its impatient maker. The boy laughed his delight - "So cool! Holy shit!" - with swear words stolen from Ma's vocabulary, rusty and awkward with disuse in such a youthful mouth.

Still, they seemed appropriate. Something about their forbidden nature was perfect for this event.

They were not alone, the inventor and his creation, and it wasn't long before others flocked to see what the boy had built. For a moment he hoped it would be Ma, and he could show her what he'd made, but the boy's smile only faltered slightly as the familiar warrior rose into view. Zéklé liked the bay mare, but her promotion to Sultana left their relationship on shaky terms. Really, it shoulda been Ma who was the new queen- he knew that, even if Ma denied it, and told him to hush, and that Meg was a much better choice, and that she didn't want to be Sultana, anyway, and to mind himself. And now that she was Sultana, would the bay be aloof, distant, an unknown the way Gaucho was? Zéklé never knew how to approach the massive stallion who may be his father.

But the mare didn't seem to stand on formality, and he was quickly drawn back to the present by boyish pride in his created golem. "I made it!" the child gleefully declared, waiting for the inevitable praise, the awe which he knew would wipe across her face. Wow, she'd say, Just wait until your Ma sees it! And Gaucho! He'll be so impressed!

(why is suddenly mattered that Gaucho be impressed was not something he knew, or particularly wanted to dwell on. So he shrugged it off.)

But there wasn't a chance for them to talk, because someone else came, someone totally new. Zéklé spun on his hind legs, letting his wing splay out for balance; the grin did not leave his face as he took in the stranger, and the lizard on her face. "What's that?" he demanded, at the same time she stopped and said "Bitchin'" (a fun new swear word), recoiling quickly to turn his gaze back upon the golem. It was resting at his right hind now, evidently unconcerned with the rest of the world, totally chill.

The stranger called him a little idiot, but he was too elated to really care. Instead he turned his brassy gaze on her, letting his smile widen with young delight. "I made it," he repeated, proud to prove that he clearly was not an idiot, hoping to dumbfound the older, wingless girl and her lizard. He didn't think to be concerned that she was a stranger- after all, Meg was there, and they were right by the Throat, and nobody had ever tried to hurt him before, anyway. "Y'wanna see what it does?"

He wanted to show off, especially since there were girls there, and one was their new Sultana. Of course, he had no idea what it could do, besides follow him around and look awesome. But his ego had grown too big for his head, and he was too caught up in his massive success to do anything less than promise the moon, and beside, he had absolute faith in his creation, just like he had absolute faith in himself.

[ @[Megaera] Sorry, he's such a spazz! ]

Z è K L è
am i more than you bargained for yet?

image credit

Messages In This Thread
COME WITH ME NOW - by Zèklè - 04-12-2015, 11:08 PM
RE: COME WITH ME NOW - by Megaera - 04-16-2015, 11:19 PM
RE: COME WITH ME NOW - by Roskuld - 04-19-2015, 01:50 PM
RE: COME WITH ME NOW - by Zèklè - 04-19-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: COME WITH ME NOW - by Megaera - 05-04-2015, 07:09 PM
RE: COME WITH ME NOW - by Roskuld - 05-05-2015, 02:24 PM