the Rift

[OPEN] The Reality of Displacement

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
Auriel

I know now that I do not need a tracking device on my sister. No matter where I go, she has her own little (well, big) noise that she makes for everything. I'll just have to sort out the difference between distress booms and annoyed booms later. For now, just knowing she's around, or coming to me, makes it all a little better. Within mere moments, she's there with Princess by her side. I keep my eyes shut, hoping she'll go away, but instead, she actually says something helpful. Like that does not happen to often.

I peek through my eyelashes as she tries to explain to me that dad has a plan. I sure hope that she is right, because I don't know how we are going to live out here alone. Especially since all I can do is scream, and all she can do is explode. Although, it would probably be an interesting sight. As I refuse to move, she finally insults me and I open my eyes. My pale gaze shoots daggers at her, and if I could, I'd laser her head right off. Now who's the tit?

Suddenly another unfamiliar unicorn starts approaching. I can hear the footsteps before I actually see her, but that doesn't stop me. I jump to my feet, scream ready to go, when all of a sudden she talks... to my sister. I'm actually quite shocked that Shida has a friend, well, a comparable relationship to friendship I suppose. All she can ask is what happened, and since she's the closest thing to a mature adult we have, the information rushes from my mouth quicker than I can breathe. "They attacked us. I think they're trying to take away our home. I don't know who or what they are, but they just came in and starting beating up my family!" By the end, I'm on the verge of squealing and my little body is puffing more smoke than I can handle. I turn to Shida, a frown coming over my face. I left her there. Im such a terrible sister, and I actually mean it this time. "I'm sorry I left you there." I whisper to Shida. Hopefully she'll accept my apology. This creepy twin connection makes me want to be friends with her whether I like it or not.

A fresh set of tears start brewing as I think of all the things that could be going wrong now. At least Shida saw dad, but what about mom? "Will dad take us away from mom if she fought with the other people in our herd?" The thought crossed my mind so abruptly that I didn't even realize what I said until I said it. Dad was on the other side, but what about mom? Did that mean that they were fighting against each other? If they were, Dad's side was winning for sure. So that meant mom was losing, and badly. I start shaking and nervously bump my muzzle against Shida's shoulder a few times. "Zebra girl will you help us?" I look to the "friend" that had arrived. I didn't know her name, so I had to call her a zebra. That's what I thought she was first. However, zebra girl is out last option, unless we planned on hiking out into the wilderness alone. A dog and two children can only do so much.

Coding by Tamme
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
The Reality of Displacement - by Auriel - 04-18-2015, 01:57 PM
RE: The Reality of Displacement - by Shida - 04-19-2015, 11:16 AM
RE: The Reality of Displacement - by Roskuld - 04-19-2015, 02:08 PM
RE: The Reality of Displacement - by Auriel - 04-20-2015, 04:33 PM
RE: The Reality of Displacement - by Shida - 04-20-2015, 04:45 PM
RE: The Reality of Displacement - by Roskuld - 04-21-2015, 11:07 AM
RE: The Reality of Displacement - by Auriel - 04-22-2015, 08:33 AM
RE: The Reality of Displacement - by Shida - 04-24-2015, 01:03 PM
RE: The Reality of Displacement - by Roskuld - 04-25-2015, 12:25 PM