the Rift

[OPEN] The Reality of Displacement

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
Auriel

Of course Shida just had to give her own little account. She had to try and one up me in everything it seemed like! As much as I wanted to be mean to her, and pick at her anger, her account was (oh God, this is painful) much more interesting than mine was. Zebra Girl seems to know who it was, and I tilt my head. Did she know about this? I want to ask, but I decide that's rude. By the looks of her, she didn't seemed too pleased with us being out here. "We're from the Hidden Falls. I guess it's not so hidden though, because a lot of them found it. As for our parents, I don't know..." I reply, cautiously looking about as if someone had followed us here. I give Shida a moment to speak, in case she finds it useful to add her input to a simple question.

After that though, I move on, only finding myself smirking as Ros tells her to be nice. For once someone actually stands up for me! I smile sheepishly in Ros's direction, but her whole demeanor seemed to change then. It was like she went from one thing to another. What that transition was, I couldn't quite tell, it all just felt a little different. Her questions even became darker, and I knew I could not let her go. If mom and dad couldn't get out, how was this one girl supposed to do it? "You can't go! Even if you just find our parents they might kill you." It's my horrible attempt at making this stranger stay. Ros was the closest thing to family at the moment, and I wasn't about to let her walk away to fight an impossible cause. "Wait, you said you knew the people who came in right, the bathers or something? Maybe you could ask them to leave?" At that moment, I didn't realize how naive that question was. By now, they had moved in, set up camp, and had no intention of leaving. I shuffle nervously again, trying to think of something to do. The more I sit, the more nervous I get about what is going to happen. All I can think about is how so many of them flocked to one of our members. Shida was right, it was a slaughter, and that was an understatement. I'm determined now that we need to do something. "If you go, you'll have to take us. Me and my sis got some pretty cool powers we can use on them. Auriel and Shida at your service." I add with kind of a shocked voice. I didn't realize I had actually said that out loud until it popped out of my mouth. I glance to Shida, and then reach my nose over to shove harshly at her shoulder. She needs to agree, because if she doesn't, then Ros (our only "friend") would make us stay. We may not be tall, but we were mighty.

Ros seemed to have a good head. At least, sort of like one. A thought crosses my mind, and I can't help but stand shocked for a moment. If me and Shida had a baby (which by the way would be totally weird) I think that Ros could easily be it. 'Cause Ros was smart (like me, obviously) but she kind of talked like Shida. Which apparently is a more common variant of speech than I had originally thought. Maybe I was becoming the black sheep now. Ugh, I really don't feel like going through social training with Shida in order to fit in. So, I'm going to hold out hope that maybe there are others like me around.

Coding by Tamme
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
The Reality of Displacement - by Auriel - 04-18-2015, 01:57 PM
RE: The Reality of Displacement - by Shida - 04-19-2015, 11:16 AM
RE: The Reality of Displacement - by Roskuld - 04-19-2015, 02:08 PM
RE: The Reality of Displacement - by Auriel - 04-20-2015, 04:33 PM
RE: The Reality of Displacement - by Shida - 04-20-2015, 04:45 PM
RE: The Reality of Displacement - by Roskuld - 04-21-2015, 11:07 AM
RE: The Reality of Displacement - by Auriel - 04-22-2015, 08:33 AM
RE: The Reality of Displacement - by Shida - 04-24-2015, 01:03 PM
RE: The Reality of Displacement - by Roskuld - 04-25-2015, 12:25 PM