the Rift

[OPEN] If lightning strikes tomorrow

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

Ulrik never claimed to be sane. What he spoke was madness with a hint of reason or vice versa. He was logical to a fault, applying theory and pattern to emotions which so rarely followed suit. The stallion was not insulted by her questioning nor was he inherently bothered by her attitude. She could behave how she wanted to and the world would either crush her for it, or she would claw her way out of the rubble of her own life. He stood still, a dark shadow in a white land, and he listened to her ask her questions, snorting slightly at the edge to her tones. At least she was trying to get the truth, even if she was horribly biased.

“I have no idea what he was paranoid about,” he said firmly. “I never really met the man, and I wouldn’t really say we stomped them in the nuts. We forced new leadership at the request of our allies.” Politics would never make much sense to him, and he shrugged his shoulders slightly, an amused light playing in the bronze of his hawkish gaze.

Her next question caught him by surprise, and he blinked slightly, turning his ears forward. “That is the social term used when there is prejudice against another species. For example, the Aurora Basin is mostly unicorns. We prefer to live among our own kind. Some see that as elitist and exclusive, thus interpreting our desire for kinship as prejudice against other species.” Ulrik knew it was partially true, but he did not come right out and say it – not directly. “However, we have not denied anyone who has wanted to join our land. Illynx even rescued some… poor little wraith of a girl. I forget her name, but she had wings.”

Roskuld’s dry laugh at his comment about the Basin’s laziness was unexpected, but he was at least glad to lighten the mood somewhat, and he would have been slightly insulted that he thought her thick. In fact, Ulrik was brilliant, a genius, but that was, perhaps, what made it so difficult to feel or empathize. In fact, he did not feel very shitty, just very confused, so he let that comment slide, waiting as she opened and closed her mouth like a fish out of water. The stallion thought her question to be apt given the point she was trying to make, and he smirked slightly. “I did. Our numbers and forces were matched. We lost – but just barely,” he replied. “The outcome was not known ahead of time, and thus it was not foolish to fight.”

Ulrik nodded in agreement to her words. “I concur, but when you know you do not stand a chance, there are better and smarter ways to get your point across. Assimilate. Take over. Gather your forces and fight back. Be loyal to those who were loyal to you. If your herd did not have enough forces to stand a chance to win, then you were not well taken care of regardless, and you owe them nothing,” he mused, sharing his opinion on the matter. He had left the Aurora Basin for a time before it had gotten all of its shit together, and then she speared him with her words.

The stallion glowered in her direction, but mostly because what she said was true. He pursed his dark, velvet lips and snatched his gaze away, looking south. “I am aware,” he grunted. “I care when I shouldn’t, and that is… fundamentally bothersome.” Ulrik grunted something unintelligible and then looked back to her, attempting a smile, though she was far too bright a girl for him to let her in behind his stern, bronze gaze. “I believe… I will go apologize. For what, I don’t really know, but… “ he trailed. “Hmmm…” The stallion stopped short in his steps and looked back.

“You won’t change the world in a day; it’s rather set in its ways. But, you are bright, which is not much I can say about others. Do not let your heart trip up your head,” he encouraged before taking a deep breath and grimacing. Fuck, he hated people… and he was about to go engage once more.

@[Roskuld]
(this doesn't have to end! )
table by tamme | |art by lunarblues

(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Ulrik - 04-18-2015, 06:29 PM
RE: If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Roskuld - 04-19-2015, 09:26 PM
RE: If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Ulrik - 04-21-2015, 01:45 AM
RE: If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Roskuld - 04-21-2015, 02:08 PM
RE: If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Ulrik - 04-27-2015, 12:04 AM
RE: If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Roskuld - 04-29-2015, 12:32 AM
RE: If lightning strikes tomorrow - by Ulrik - 05-24-2015, 02:48 AM