the Rift

[PRIVATE] Can't Think Of A Title[Rhoa]

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

I can't help but gasp as bones fall out. I mean, bones?! In that instant I want to tell Hawke to put them back and bury the bag .. or ... or least take it to an adult. It is then that I realize that I am the adult, and that I have condoned this excavation thus far. I swallow hard, not necessarily liking this new found responsibility. Trying to be optimistic, I narrow my eyes and look at the notches carved into the bones.

"You know, Father has symbols almost like that on his antlers. They glow like they have fire inside ... They were given to him by the Sun God. He has marked our family you know." I say proudly, puffing out my chest slightly as I unconsciously smile at the thought. Although it seems that everyone else has been blessed more than I have, I can't deny the fact that I am marked by the Sun's holy light just as the rest of my kin are. Although Hawke doesn't burn, I'm sure the presence of his companion and the odd magic that takes hold of him is from our deity as well.

I expected Hawke to nudge my shoulder in appreciation. I was not expecting to feel his teeth on my skin. I winced slightly at my ears fell back against my skull. For a moment I thought to nip him back, but such bickering seemed foolish, and although I had already recognized myself as the adult between us, I didn't think I had the jurisdiction to scold him. Grumbling, I instead turned my attention to what he was doing - which was currently throwing the ashen tufts of my fur onto his bones. As he threw the bones into the air, I meant to shout an admonishment at him, but instead I danced sideways, meaning to avoid the bones I thought for sure were going to strike me on the head. When they failed to fall, I cast a hesitant glance upwards to see them floating surrounded by blackened flames. So much for thinking that Hawke only had passive magic and a companion. Apparently the Sun God saw fit to bless him quite substantially. Unafraid (for I merely assumed it was the work of our God through him), I blinked dumbly, unsure how to return the hardened and confident stare of my younger brother.

Make better

What? "Make what bet-" I began, assuming that he was posing the words as a question to me. However the words were cut off as the fire seeped into my skin. I tensed up defensively, but felt no pain. Instead, I felt calm and strong. It was as if the weight on my shoulders and my mind had been placed firmly in my hooves, rooting me to our desert home and solidifying my mine. No longer did my thoughts scurry and no longer did my heart worry. I was at ease and confident.

With shock, I turned my bright gaze to my brother, head tilted curiously. Although I knew he was the cause of this, I couldn't help but ask. "You did that?"

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Can't Think Of A Title[Rhoa] - by Hawke - 04-18-2015, 06:44 PM
RE: Can't Think Of A Title[Rhoa] - by Rhoa - 04-18-2015, 07:30 PM
RE: Can't Think Of A Title[Rhoa] - by Hawke - 04-18-2015, 08:15 PM
RE: Can't Think Of A Title[Rhoa] - by Rhoa - 04-19-2015, 06:54 PM
RE: Can't Think Of A Title[Rhoa] - by Hawke - 04-19-2015, 07:49 PM
RE: Can't Think Of A Title[Rhoa] - by Rhoa - 06-03-2015, 12:23 PM
RE: Can't Think Of A Title[Rhoa] - by Hawke - 06-06-2015, 10:41 PM
RE: Can't Think Of A Title[Rhoa] - by Rhoa - 06-08-2015, 04:31 PM