the Rift

[OPEN] I don't see the problem.

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
Consider your origin. You were not formed to live like brutes but to follow virtue and knowledge.
[WELL SHIT.]

In another life she could have been Archibald's daughter, for who else in all of Helovia save for her actual Father, could have aided in the genetics of a creature who would grow as large as she? She had not yet grown to her full height yet for she was still a gangly yearling, but the signs were there. Her legs were long, and her hips were constantly rising above her shoulders as her growth spurts continued. Not only that, but her legs were feathered. Not as feathered as Archibald's of course, but then there were their eyes - both the girl and the giant had unreadable golden eyes. It wasn't much, but perhaps enough to suggest that maybe ...

A noise caught her attention, and the girl's head abruptly turned, dark ears flickering to identify the source and direction of the noise. At first it had been rushed, multiple legs through the long grass, but then it had stopped. Curious, the girl moved towards the noise. Was it some multi-legged creature that dwelt only in the Falls? Now that would be something. The girl picked up an easy canter, her long legs pulling her elegantly over the terrain. In the Edge she likely would have continued on as a raven as she so often did. In the mists she felt better that way, safer from prying eyes. Here however, she felt jubilant in her regular form. Her mismatched wings were carried slightly out from her sides so that the breeze could buffet over her feathers as she crested a small hill. Below, her golden eyes found the source of the noise, and she mentally kicked herself for not recognizing it.

Not one creature, but two. But it might as well have been one. Out of all the bonds that the girl had witnessed, the one between Archibald and Loretta was the most powerful, the most secure, the most solid. It was no wonder she had thought she heard only one animal.

The lack of emotions that the girl felt made it harder for her to identify emotions in others. She was getting better at it, but Archibald was a poor test case. Even with rampant emotions flooding through his system, his expression appeared as stoic and regal as ever. To the girl, nothing appeared wrong.

"I heard you used to live here." She called down, tucking her wings tightly against her flanks and taking a deep breath to calm her system. A greeting would have been more proper, perhaps even something befitting Archibald's rank, but such things always felt awkward to the girl. He knew that she knew who he was, why did she have to repeat it every time she saw him? Her death-marked face peered down at the pair, an ambiguous curiosity in her golden gaze. "Twice." She concluded, her voice factual. "Has it changed much?"

The girl knew a little from the lessons she had learned in the Edge - she liked history well enough. She knew that this land used to be called the Foothills, and Archibald had led it then, and then once more when the Grey invaded. She knew that the Foothills sort of fell apart when a few key members left - Archibald being one of them. Was he glad to be back here? Did he miss it?

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
I don't see the problem. - by Isopia - 04-18-2015, 10:21 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Archibald - 04-18-2015, 11:07 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Isopia - 04-18-2015, 11:27 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Archibald - 04-21-2015, 03:24 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Isopia - 04-21-2015, 08:00 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Archibald - 04-29-2015, 08:11 AM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Isopia - 04-29-2015, 01:45 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Archibald - 05-10-2015, 08:08 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Isopia - 05-14-2015, 09:54 AM