the Rift

[OPEN] I don't see the problem.

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
Consider your origin. You were not formed to live like brutes but to follow virtue and knowledge.
The girl liked Archibald, or whatever came close to the feeling of 'like' that she could actually feel. In reality, it was likely somewhat closer to 'doesn't frustrate me', but she would take respite from the annoyances of the world where she could find them. She liked his size and his stature, but most of all she liked his confidence. She liked the way he made his decisions with strength and clarity of mind. From what the girl saw, he was not ruled by emotions the way that Kahlua and Kaj were. Kaj was not as bad as Kahlua ... but still considered emotional responses to be on par with rational ones. To the girl that sort of reasoning was obviously fallacious, but others had a hard time seeing it. Although she couldn't be certain that Archibald was as rational and steadfast as she made him out to be, certainly the majority of the times she had seen him in action - at various herd meetings and whatnot within the Edge - he demonstrated what she took to be the proper kind of thought processes of a true leader.

As the girl listened, she found herself envisioning the landscape that he described. Labyrinths, she thought to herself with a youthful wonder. She could escape to the skies anytime she wished, and yet the idea of being able to entrap others while simultaneously disappearing within a hedge maze of her Father's creation made her feel powerful and alone.

So why had the land flattened out? Why did waterfalls run where mazes once stood?

As Archibald spoke of the darkness, the girl nodded knowingly. She had heard of the wraith invasion, and how a sickness overtook the lands, possessing and bleeding away the lives of those who tried to be heroes. She knew that Archibald helped in the defensive effort against the darkness, and that her Father had opened up a spring within the caves that could provide healing. That part of the story never really made sense to her .. if her Father could have provided healing all along, why didn't he from the beginning? Why did he let such suffering occur first?

Uncertain now, the girl tentatively shook her head. Her golden eyes flashed as she raised them to try and seek out those of the Dauntless.

"Perhaps what came before was only setting the stage. The preface to real redemption. My Father sees farther into what will be than most of us do. Perhaps he was merely getting things in order for true change. "

Her eyes seemed to pulse with her thoughts, as if her suggestion that the redemption Archibald had mentioned was only a blip in the story arch of what would follow. Had the Hidden Falls done anything note worthy during their tenure here, nestled among the waterfalls and thrushes ? Or were they merely cultivating the land, waiting for a real leader to show his face?

A face which would surely be dauntless.

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
I don't see the problem. - by Isopia - 04-18-2015, 10:21 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Archibald - 04-18-2015, 11:07 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Isopia - 04-18-2015, 11:27 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Archibald - 04-21-2015, 03:24 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Isopia - 04-21-2015, 08:00 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Archibald - 04-29-2015, 08:11 AM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Isopia - 04-29-2015, 01:45 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Archibald - 05-10-2015, 08:08 PM