the Rift

[OPEN] I don't see the problem.

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
Consider your origin. You were not formed to live like brutes but to follow virtue and knowledge.
The girl listened. She put no real meaning to the time it took for Archibald to answer, or how his gaze had swayed away from hers. Although she didn't think that Archibald was negligent, she knew that while she spent quite a lot of time controlling her movements so that they would not betray her thoughts, she didn't know if others did as well. And so, she made no assumptions about Archibald's frame of mind based on his non-verbal communication. He would speak his thoughts in time, and it was those that she would take to heart.

When at last his mirrored gaze returned to hers, her dark ears flicked forward to catch his words.

We must have a Storyteller to interpret his will for this land.

The word storyteller made her nose wrinkle slightly in disgust. The word sounded so pejorative, like the position was nothing more than a weaver of stories and tales to accompany foals into slumber. She knew this was not the case of course, but even so she silently protested the title, if only in her own mind.

At first she was going to disagree with the need to interpret her Father's will, until she realized it: had the Earth's child ever held this position before? As far as she knew, her brother had been an outcast. Her vast mind danced as conclusions raced before her eyes. Others ... did they have to interpret pools of waters? Vague symbols? Perhaps they just did not understand the vague and rustic way that her Father spoke? No wonder the Falls, and Foothills before that, had been so tumultuous, if all they were ever doing was interpreting her Father's will.

She could just ask.

"His will has been misinterpreted in the past. Others perhaps do not understand him, or twist his words to suit their own desires. There is much that can get in the way of delivering such messages. Hopefully your Storyteller will not face such obstacles."

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
I don't see the problem. - by Isopia - 04-18-2015, 10:21 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Archibald - 04-18-2015, 11:07 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Isopia - 04-18-2015, 11:27 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Archibald - 04-21-2015, 03:24 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Isopia - 04-21-2015, 08:00 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Archibald - 04-29-2015, 08:11 AM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Isopia - 04-29-2015, 01:45 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Archibald - 05-10-2015, 08:08 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Isopia - 05-14-2015, 09:54 AM