the Rift

[OPEN] I don't see the problem.

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
Consider your origin. You were not formed to live like brutes but to follow virtue and knowledge.
The girl felt nothing as Archibald hinted at the possibility of her attaining the position that her mind considered. She knew she would likely do far better at the task than any others would, but she wasn't sure if the accompany obligation was something that she wanted to bear. The girl shied away from responsibility, but if it was a covenant that she willingly entered into, perhaps it wouldn't be so bad? In the back of her mind she knew that she could not go through life forever free of debts to others. At some point, she would have to concede.

Maybe this was a good first step?

As the girl was unsure of her position on the subject, her mind uselessly tried to assume what others would do in this situation. Should she thank him? Tell him she'd do her best? Agree that they would wait and see? Before she could do anything other than blink her large golden eyes at him, he had pulled away, inviting her to follow.

As Archibald spoke, the girl found herself wondering if he had four children plus Callisto, or if she was included in the quadtupple. Likely it was the latter, but the notion struck her as rather odd. She hadn't thought of Archibald as overly sentimental, and yet to include a dead creature among the list of children that he had, seemed to imply that she existed somehow. Mattered.

Did her Father still think he had two children? Or only the one?

The girl knew that she should think that his words were sad. If her mother were here, or Aly perhaps, she knew they would offer condolences. Perhaps even get teary eyed. The girl however, felt no such emotion. She was blank, vacant, his words having no impact upon her. Children died - all life did. Perhaps her life would have been full of suffering, or perhaps she would have been brutally murdered the way her brother had been. In that case, her early death would have been a blessing. But they had no way of knowing what her life would have been life, and so no reason to think that her early death was sad.

Uncomfortably the death marked girl remained silent with regards to offering her condolences for Archibald's loss.

"I'm sure he didn't even consider that when he changed the lands." She offered in response to the missing grave. Her words held no judgement though, only a cold understanding. "My Father looks at the big picture .. the grave of your child wouldn't have been enough to stop him from changing these lands. But maybe that's for the best..." She began, her voice faltering slightly. She was about to attempt to be consoling, and her mind already knew that she would fail. "Callisto died in the Foothills and was buried there. She is still buried there-" The words felt odd in her mouth, because she didn't believe them. Still, perhaps thinking about things this way would provide comfort. "-My Father's handiwork has not touched her. You rule the Hidden Falls, a land that does not know the name of your child. The Foothills remembers her ... these lands do not."

You do not rule over the lands your child died in. That is somewhere else, encased forever in your memory.. That was the message she had been trying to convey, anyways.

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
I don't see the problem. - by Isopia - 04-18-2015, 10:21 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Archibald - 04-18-2015, 11:07 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Isopia - 04-18-2015, 11:27 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Archibald - 04-21-2015, 03:24 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Isopia - 04-21-2015, 08:00 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Archibald - 04-29-2015, 08:11 AM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Isopia - 04-29-2015, 01:45 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Archibald - 05-10-2015, 08:08 PM
RE: I don't see the problem. - by Isopia - 05-14-2015, 09:54 AM