the Rift

[OPEN] Duty [New Edge Leads Competition]

Artorius Posts: 39
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Barnabas :: Puffin :: None Adoptable

Artorius

War had ravaged the lands, taking over the minds of everyone that resided in the three herds. The two attackers and the poor fools that had been targeted, blood stained the grass of the Falls a crimson red, from the whispers that had been going around during the great war most of the blood was that of the Falls members themselves. At least it seemed when they were removed from their home that the land would still have something of them, when the foliage grew back in Birdsong it would be healthy with the life of those that had been beaten to submission by the Dauntless and his army. Glossy harks smacked back against my skull as unmarked limbs carried my sleek frame through the mists I had grown so familiar with.
I had only just arrived in the Edge, let alone Helovia, about a season ago and I wasn't ready to leave the only place I had been able to call home just because the majority of my herd was going. If I knew my mother well enough, she was probably sick from the bloodshed and injuries, hopefully she and my sister would remain in the shattered wall of the Edge as well. Sighing, my body moved closer to the main gate where the gossips had said that Kahlua and the lead of the Basin would be meeting those interested in leading the new Edge. Likely I would be the youngest to show up to this little shindig and probably the newest to the world of Helovia as well, but something was calling me closer to the gathering where I expected a mass of bodies to be congregating.
A lump formed in my throat as I strode closer, large wings tucked in gracefully along my ribcage when my movement forward finally stopped. Harks flicked forwards as the Sunshower's melodic voice filled the salted air. “Explain to us why you’ve come to this meeting. What makes you want to be a leader of the Edge? What makes you think you can bear the weight that comes with such responsibility?” The pain laced through the paint's voice was a knife to the heart as I stood there in the mass of others that looked nearly as nerve wrecked as I felt. Emeralds rested momentarily on the once-Queen before the blood stained grey beside her spoke up, her words much stronger than Kahlua's. Once the ladies ceased speaking a bearded stallion stepped forward and offered his soul to the Edge, stating his loyalty to the Moon and mentioning a debt he had to pay. The lump growing in my throat was nearly unbearable as I took a few steps forward so the attention could shift to me rather than the mass of bodies I found myself standing in. Barnabas chripped happily from the join between my wings, sending a wave of peace and happiness through our mental bond that broke the lump down and took away the majority of the nervous energy so I could find my words.
"Since I have arrived at Helovia I have felt more at home than anywhere else. The lands of the Edge are where I am meant to be, the fact that our goddess is so frowned upon for her actions hurts my very soul. I would like to offer myself as an ambassador of sorts, someone who can help smooth over the scar left behind by the goddesses...slip up." Glossy feathers shifted as my weight swayed to another side and emeralds took a moment to flick between the two Queens who stood before me, my fate in their hands.
"Though I am young, I know that this burden of leadership would be one my shoulders could bear. The latter spoke of war but I believe we have seen enough bloodshed this season to last a while. Regardless of your decision I will remain in the Edge and continue my mission of bringing the Moon back to her former glory." Once my speech was finished Barnabas trilled happily, nestling back into my feathers for the continuation of his nap while I stepped back into the mix, curious as to what other offers the hopefuls would have to put on the table.

"Speech."
Tag | @[Kahlua] @[Ophelia]
Words | 707
Notes | Artorius has offered himself to be the Diplomatic leader, although he is young he desires to bring peace and the Moon back to her former glory.

It's been a long day
Without you my friend

Credits
  • Please Tag in All Replies!
  • Slight Force Allowed, no death or maiming. No serious injuries.

Messages In This Thread
Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Kahlua - 04-19-2015, 12:38 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Artorius - 04-19-2015, 01:40 PM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Lena - 04-19-2015, 02:41 PM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Kiara - 04-20-2015, 02:34 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Amaris - 04-20-2015, 03:23 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Cathun - 04-20-2015, 06:07 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Elsa - 04-20-2015, 12:52 PM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Mauja - 04-21-2015, 11:00 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Verlaine - 04-21-2015, 11:00 PM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Mirage - 04-22-2015, 03:35 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Thor - 04-23-2015, 03:00 AM