the Rift

[OPEN] Duty [New Edge Leads Competition]

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
I am not sure if it is sorrow or rage that propels me into the World's Edge. Still limping, still wounded, still mourning. The Hidden Falls, lost to the Edge. Midas, dead. Oxy, our very own Benedict Arnold. My stomach turns at the thoughts of what has transpired. A herd that I thought we were on good terms with, teaming up with our enemy, to take over perhaps one of the most well-meaning, innocent herds in Helovia. Clearly my mind has become stagnant and pure in the time I've been with the Falls, weakened to not have seen these events coming, to have thought that we would be safe while predators strode around us, waiting for the right moment to strike.

Damaris trails behind me with a heavy heart, feeling more sadness than anger. It is probably for the best, considering any more rage in my heart might send me over the edge. As is, my expression of my feelings is muted, to the point you might wonder that I'm feeling anything at all. Stoicism has become the name of the game. The next time I see a Basiner, or someone of the Edge - the original Edge - I'm not sure what I'll do. Yell? Scream? Cry? Or perhaps stare with accusing, wounded eyes. Not that anyone would be able to see past the white orbs into my soul. Unlike so many others, I do not have those particular windows. Finally I stumble upon a gathering, though it is absent of the wheeled platform like the last gathering I found. And for that I am incredibly grateful. I'm here because one of those living in the Edge came out to speak of the competition to become a leader of the Edge. To become a leader of the herd that just destroyed my home, my life, my friends? Why. The Fuck. Not. So I'm here, and I'm ready to see what is going on, who my competition is, and to see if I even stand a chance. I fought bravely for my home, I'm sure I am an underdog in this competition for the leadership.

Why have you come? Why do you want to lead the Edge? I clear my throat, surrounded by those that I might consider enemies, certainly none that I consider friends. I look straight at Kahlua, for the moment ignoring the others. My voice belies neither sincerity nor hatred. I do not even know what the feelings are behind my words. Surprisingly, there is no sarcasm, either. "Lady Kahlua, let me introduce myself. I am Rostislav, one who defended the herd that you and the rest of the Edge have successfully defeated. Congratulations on your hard work and impressive efforts." I bow my head to her. "Though I opposed you, I am interested in the future. Though I have not sought leadership in the past, I believe I am fully qualified to lead. I have been one of the two Legatus since the end of the Darkness, and have proven myself in battle. I have organized spars between the Falls warriors and been an aid to the King whenever he called upon me. I believe I could unite those in the Edge with a gentle but firm hand, as a fighting leader. Diplomacy has never been my strongest suit."

I glance at Ophelia, regarding her words carefully. Still, my voice is devoid of the emotion that swirls inside. I hurt, and Damaris next to me also hurts. The emotions we can take of later, when there's downtime. Right now needs to be about business. "I have worshipped the Earth God, this is true. I am open to all of the Gods and the Moon Goddess as well. Should she choose to treaty with me I would be more than happy to do her bidding. Though I believe in a strong force, I also strive for peace, and would be open to peaceful negotiations with other herds, with the assistance of a diplomatic partner."

There you go. The most words I've ever spoken at once.

WC: 676
Tag: ?
Rostislav seeks the warrior lead.

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Kahlua - 04-19-2015, 12:38 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Lena - 04-19-2015, 02:41 PM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Rostislav - 04-19-2015, 09:22 PM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Kiara - 04-20-2015, 02:34 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Amaris - 04-20-2015, 03:23 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Cathun - 04-20-2015, 06:07 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Elsa - 04-20-2015, 12:52 PM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Mauja - 04-21-2015, 11:00 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Verlaine - 04-21-2015, 11:00 PM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Mirage - 04-22-2015, 03:35 AM
RE: Duty [New Edge Leads Competition] - by Thor - 04-23-2015, 03:00 AM