the Rift

[OPEN] Trees and things [Closed]

Camon Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.2 :: 2 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Angel

An old beech tree sighs, or maybe it was a groan, who but the tree could say for sure? This particular towering giant cradled a secret sleeper. One of its many different residents, a fat, grey squirrel clamors for familiar footholds -- his big, round eyes sharp as a needle and wary. He notices an odd shape lodged against the butt of his home and two thick branches. An annoyed bark flits past his lips, but the instinct to flee overrides his desire to protect the great wooden castle.

My tail is half-wrapped (for a sense of security) around the silver, scratchy limb I'd bedded in; catlike, it would ever so often twitch the tuffed tip from side to side. Both pale lids are still shut to this world, lulled by the calming wind, who spent the better part of last night tickling the bellies of the few remaining leaves and whispering sweet nothing to the naked twigs. Scarce few other sounds. A murky morning greets the dark, wet wood; moist fog had rolled in during the wee hours to cling upon the faded wheat and wilting thistle. Somewhere East, behind a thick layer of smoky cloud the sun was rising, it would soon burn all the gloom away.

Shutters creep slowly open, their hazy depth is only half-aware. I stretch my neck out, (mindful not to tangle these weighted prongs on anything,) while a wide yawn split this jaw apart. Crown tips until my chin is resting against the solid limb beneath me. One feathered wing shuffles lazily against this warm flesh. Just beyond this aged mammoth was a meadow that stretched far South and West as far as my eyes could see. Rolling mounds, littered with stunted bushes and wide open spaces. I'd eventually emerge from my perch, return to the trail, return to familiar migrating. Though not yet...not when there was still enough shadow to convince my mind that slumber was still feasible.

Camon

wanted to belong here
Table by Time. Art by Angel/ Moon-illusion

@[Isopia]

Messages In This Thread
Trees and things [Closed] - by Camon - 04-19-2015, 12:50 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Isopia - 04-19-2015, 02:45 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Camon - 04-20-2015, 11:32 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Isopia - 04-24-2015, 02:02 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Camon - 04-24-2015, 06:22 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Isopia - 04-24-2015, 09:36 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Camon - 04-30-2015, 11:17 PM