the Rift

[OPEN] Trees and things [Closed]

Camon Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.2 :: 2 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Angel

By the time I'd stirred again, the morning had moved on without me; marched forward until the distant sun did breast those invisible mountains to rid this open valley of gloom and mist. Perhaps my dozing trust, (so alike that of a newborn,) was because I lacked the apprehension that came with age. It's still comfortably manageable to flit in and out of sleep without worry, without fear. My relaxed state can only be described as peaceful; unmarred.

At least until the noises change from a quiet whisper of wind rustling the dry foliage, to one of more fluid expression. The listening part of my consciousness notes the alteration and sends my awareness to brush against its glassy surface, eventually breaking through. A song. One without words. Lids flutter open once more; one lazy ear slides forward to capture and use rough imagination on the manner of creature that stood out of view. The beautiful hymn is quiet, expressed at a such a low volume that I've already halfway pitched over in the direction of those soft, beautiful cords. These hungry ears had never heard anyone sing before -- Mother certainly never educated her son to appricate delicate culture.

From the corner of my vision an object darts from around the way, fleeing from direction the lovely melody was coming. My groggy self can't move swift enough follow its movements or make an assumption of the species; though these eyes flick rapidly as it vanishes just as quickly as it appeared. Only a little birdie, I chide. There is a sudden coolness dampening the heavy crown I bore, those unexpected droplets glide down across my marrowed prongs to mate with glossy sunburst silk. A light sprinkle showers my spine with a cool mist.

This head turns, forgetting that lovely voice; confusion had proper rein and I'm left to sort out the source of this unexplainable moisture dribbling from the leaves. Born from a clear sky? My questioning stare is answered, (though in hindsight, I would in a few moments wish it hadn't been.) Another sparrow shaped thing catches my attention, it resembles that of a simple songbird; at least by the shape. Those feathered wings carry it to a nearby branch high above my head. That is were all likeness to our living, breathing world did end.

With a fixated stare I slowly come to realize that those feathers, though seemingly solid, are semitransparent. Liquid. Without my realizing the lower portion of my jaw drifts open and both eyes widen. But their size is mild compared to the width they take when the creature suddenly explodes. That's right...explodes! Water droplets are violently flung in all directions, a quiet gasp turns into a shriek. Limbs find their way beneath me and pinions extend rapidly to escape this unknown danger. Valiant effort is made to achieve lift, but in my rush I'd brilliantly missed the fact that there are branches blocking the way.

Still...I mindlessly thrust past them, clumsy at best. There is a brief sensation of falling, then rimmed darkness as the ground quickly finds me sprawled across the wilted foliage. Tail, hair and feathers tangled in a lump, my vision returns. With spurred energy I rise, hardly feeling how my right side screams from the solid hit. Gems turn to behold a tall youth, a child really, angled on the other side of the beech.

I don't spare time studying her appearance or age....or anything for that matter; instead, my first reaction is to warn this innocent soul of what horror I'd just witnessed. A frantic rush of idiotic spew comes flying out my mouth ahead of the mind that was supposed to control such nonsense, "There are BIRDS up in that tree!!" it wasn't until after the words had left me that I realize how crazy they must sound. Saucer eyes regard the girl with unrestrained urgency, I've already began backing away from the accursed thing, "E-e-exploding birds I mean!" The image of that tiny critter puffing up like... "Poof!! They went." Surely she saw! I couldn't I have been the only one to see...!?

Camon

wanted to belong here
Table by Time. Art by Angel/ Moon-illusion

@[Isopia]

Messages In This Thread
Trees and things [Closed] - by Camon - 04-19-2015, 12:50 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Isopia - 04-19-2015, 02:45 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Camon - 04-20-2015, 11:32 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Isopia - 04-24-2015, 02:02 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Camon - 04-24-2015, 06:22 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Isopia - 04-24-2015, 09:36 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Camon - 04-30-2015, 11:17 PM