the Rift

[OPEN] Trees and things [Closed]

Camon Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.2 :: 2 :: Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Angel

The first rational thought to sprint across my mind after blurting out those rash, idiotic rabbles was that she wouldn't believe a word of it; and my reaction to those little feathered creatures dying a sudden, horrible death would be cast into the pile of insanity. As I draw enough oxygen to steady these trembling legs and actually spare more than a half glance to the one I'd warned...well... to me, she didn't appear fearful, or even slightly concerned. At least not in the way I'd expected. Then the young lady starts speaking in the most collected, nonchalant manner possible; I couldn't stop my jaw from doing another unimpressive drop. This girl suddenly made me feel like a small child, bleating over ghools and wisps.

Wary eyes widen slightly, and more questions than I'm comfortable dealing with have begun to pile up behind my awestruck expression. I want to laugh out loud at how absurd this situation was and scream a string of distasteful curse words. Thankfully for us both, neither come out. There was nothing normal that could suddenly alter their...as she put it... composition. How in the world did they do that? Do all creatures water the plant life here? No, my rational side pipped, that was the first I'd ever seen. Had these eyes not just beheld the feathered...thing...bursting apart; my reaction would've been light humor for the first fool that told me such things are possible.

Before words could form and rattle off anything extra -- she pointingly thrust a question of her own. To which I felt was redundant and of little importance considering a miracle or curse had just made wildlife turn into water. Why was I the only one who saw something wrong with that!? "Uh...sleeping," comes a subdued reply as her stare drifts to my antlers, which have grown to feel hot beside my ears. "Trees...I-I sleep in them." What did it matter? Lots of folks slept in trees. "Quiet," my tone drags at a rasp, "It's quiet up there." Back to more important things, "Do all the beasts here exp...-- change into water?" Then to myself, but obviously loud enough to be heard, "How is that even possible?" Maybe this was a dream... Testing this suggestion my weight flexed unhindered to the lean upon its bruised side -- another unhelpful grimace twisted my muzzle briefly. Nope. I'm awake.

Camon

wanted to belong here
Table by Time. Art by Angel/ Moon-illusion

@[Isopia]

Messages In This Thread
Trees and things [Closed] - by Camon - 04-19-2015, 12:50 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Isopia - 04-19-2015, 02:45 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Camon - 04-20-2015, 11:32 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Isopia - 04-24-2015, 02:02 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Camon - 04-24-2015, 06:22 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Isopia - 04-24-2015, 09:36 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Camon - 04-30-2015, 11:17 PM