the Rift

[OPEN] Trees and things [Closed]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
Consider your origin. You were not formed to"live like brutes but to follow virtue and knowledge.
Her golden eyes narrow as he responds that he was sleeping. It didn't make any sense. Horses did not sleep in trees, even ones with wings such as herself. They were far too large to balance precariously on tree limbs. It wasn't natural - birds, and bugs, and other small mammals live in trees. Not large creatures like horses - regardless of what magic flooded their veins.

"I understand the needs for quiet-" The girl began, thinking of the hut she was building deep within the Hidden Falls. "-but equines are not meant to sleep in trees. It disturbs their growth pattern. They never evolved to bear such weight." Her words were almost on the verge of a criticism, as if he had done something wrong by slumbering in the tree. Which, in the girl's mind, he had.

"I imagine they do not." She answered, with a subtle title of her head. "Besides, those weren't real beasts as you put it. They were of my own making. They took the shape of birds because I told them to - and similarly they burst apart because I told them to. This season has been particularly hard on the flora and fauna ... with the Moon Goddess gone - banished to the Edge - things have been rather eradic. I am just trying to regain balance." She explained, as if it was the most simple thing in the world, as if words like Edge and Mood Goddess would be apart of his regular vocabulary.

Still, he seemed bewildered. Sighing, the girl focused on the ground. "Like this-" She began, trying to direct his gaze to where hers was looking. The ground began to shake and shift, as she pulled the particles apart. Her mind and her affinity with nature blended seamlessly as the area around them yielded two large shapes. They looked almost like dragons - the girl had been practicing, but due to the changes in the Edge recently she hadn't had the change to see any up close. Still, her proximity to Volterra and his dragon had proved more than useful in shaping their image in her mind. Although everything was not completely anatomically correct, it was close enough. The creatures rose from the ground, their bodies composed of the earth and their wings composed of water. They hovered at the girls shoulders, two of them, each staring at Camon as if to further prove their existence.

"It's just magic." She concluded almost matter-of-fact-ly, her tone bored and obvious as she stared at the hybrid. After all, how could one be a combination of 2/3 most magical equine species and be ignorant of magic?

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Trees and things [Closed] - by Camon - 04-19-2015, 12:50 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Isopia - 04-19-2015, 02:45 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Camon - 04-20-2015, 11:32 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Isopia - 04-24-2015, 02:02 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Camon - 04-24-2015, 06:22 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Isopia - 04-24-2015, 09:36 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Camon - 04-30-2015, 11:17 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Isopia - 05-16-2015, 01:07 PM
RE: Trees and things - by Camon - 05-24-2015, 09:51 PM