the Rift

[OPEN] Silent beauty, silent ending [Torleik]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

There is a place beyond the lie for you and me

That she was in his head was still a surprise to him, but it was not a violation. Not...entirely. Everyone had secrets they wished to keep, hidden failures they wished not uncovered. Torleik was no different. Still, he knew of Ophelia's ability and as her cold voice slid into his mind, his eyes cracked with pain. He knew she would take this badly.

Why could this damnable woman not simply trust him?

What was so...fickle about him that she could not put her faith in the loyalty of his heart?

Frustration aside, the Bloodskald did his best to remember that her life was one of abandonment and pain. But that was not him. He was not here to hurt her. He wanted to mend her cracks, make her whole again. Make her happy.

Love her.

Whatever else might have been said then, Torleik didn't care. Others would present themselves, make their case. Surely there would be better candidates than he. This was who he was. This was how he was made. He needed to protect those he loved because he'd...he'd failed so horribly before. It had cost him everyone. His cowardice had cost him everything. Clenching his jaw, the Bloodskald plunged into this mental exchange.

"I am not doing this for myself, Ophelia. I don't want to go. I don't want to leave. Would that I had no other...debts in life, I would be content to stay and be your guard, always." He gave her a pained, wry smile. "But even where I am now, I do not see you much. I never know where you are. I find after the fact you have gone to Gaucho, most likely. Elsewhere. Always elsewhere."

The wound in his words was tangible, an assumption that perhaps he just wasn't stimulating enough or...safe enough, to keep her home. For her to confide in him. To tell him anything. "Perhaps if I am out where you travel, I will see you more. And I have...I have a debt to the Goddess of the Moon. I have seen what she is capable of and I fear her retribution if I do not uphold my end of the bargain. Maybe if...I do more, try harder, she will not..." he trailed, looking down, frustrated.

"I cannot let her hurt you." The frown that courted his rough lips was deep. "But if by doing this, I will lose you...if you cannot wait for me to prove to you that physical distance means nothing to how close my heart feels to yours...I will stay."

He took a breath, feeling his heart pounding in his chest. This was not how he'd expected this to come out. This was not the best time. But it was real and she needed to be told.

"Because I love you."

@[Ophelia]

"talk talk talk"

Art by Veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Silent beauty, silent ending [Torleik] - by Torleik - 04-19-2015, 01:44 PM