the Rift

[OPEN] Silent beauty, silent ending [Torleik]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

And when my sins are just a memory of faith restored...

The retort that was fired back carried with it the pain that shined brightly, pointedly, in her gaze, and Torleik frowned. Her ears were flat against her crown, and she'd taken a step back. Wrath was not the answer; it never was, and he felt guilt trickle in for wounding her - though his defensive side reminded him she'd snipped at his heels first. "Hearts do not break hearts, Ophelia," he rumbled quietly through their mental link. "Narcissism breaks hearts."

And as if to prove it, the Bloodskald poured his own heart out on the ground between them, hoping that hers would fill the space he'd just vacated. He prayed that with each word, she would be more convinced of the truth behind what he said.

He loved her, and that wouldn't just change at a moment's notice.

All of the time he spent wondering about her, worrying about her, wishing to see, hear, smell, feel, taste her...it wouldn't simply just disappear. He was, as he claimed, hard to move. So with his heart came his own personal Poetic Edda of words, followed by a silence that felt so heavy he was afraid it would bring him to his knees.

What if she rejected him?

What if she couldn't love him?

But 'what if' was a thing that would never be, and Torleik tried not to let his mind run away with him to that land of eternal non-existence. And then, her flawless voice slipped into his mind like a gentle caress and the Bloodskald lifted his gaze, listening with tightly held breath. Every sentence lifted weight from his bulk like a joy that could not be contained - but it was such a fragile, tenuous pleasure that Torleik dared not even look too hard at it, lest it snap beneath the weight of a heavy gaze.

Tell me it that is not wrong.

It isn't.

Tell me that wanting you is right.

It is.

His heart beat forcefully against his chest with every question, every plea for him to reassure her of this path, and he took a constrained, jerky step towards her in response to her shaky one. "Would that we were elsewhere, I would..." he trailed, shaking his head and looking around with distaste. "It is not wrong to want me - I am yours to want and to have. I want you to be selfish. I want you to take me for your own." The warrior halted, his gaze searching out hers much in the same way she was scouring his heart right now. "And I promise, if you trust me, and if you let yourself, you can love the way you were meant to. Not like me; you are not me, and you will love in a way that is unique to you - but it can be just as beautiful and pure as any other love. I swear," he vowed.

Such elation as he had never felt when he heard Ophelia return words he'd not allowed himself to hope for, speaking to his soul and telling him that she did love him, that he was not wrong to believe that she might.

If you still want me, I want you.

"I have wanted you for many seasons, Ophelia," Torleik rumbled. "I wanted you then and I want you now. We will fail each other many times over, I am certain of it, but such is the crucible of the heart. We will come out stronger for it." Frustration knotted his thick shoulders and Torleik impatiently tossed his head. "I wish to hold you, but I cannot in front of this group. I curse myself for my inability to...tell you all of this until now. You deserved a better...you deserved more than this scarce mental exchange," the Bloodskald offered with frustration and regret.

The stallion wanted to embrace her, to feel her against his skin, hold her close and tight and not let her go until he was forced to. He wanted to spend the rest of their waking hours tangled together, talking, laughing, basking in the pleasure of one another.

But he'd chosen to let his emotional levees break here and now, denying them both the catharsis they deserved.

Damn fool I am.

@[Ophelia]

"talk talk talk"

Art by Veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread