the Rift

[OPEN] WEIGHTLESS

Leeka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
L e e k a

“I see… well, I hope you feel better.”
" A little bit, thanks."" " Leeka gave a shy smile back in reply to Aveira's smile, still feeling quite abash in her presence but appreciating her show of kindness. They were strangers after all and Leeka had brought the full face of her inner turmoil with her, caught red-handed and all, yet Aveira seemed to be quite accepting of that and had not offered a single reproach. That made Leeka all the more thankful for it, being in the state she already was in, so exposed and vulnerable. Treated in any other way she might fall apart and grow even more afraid, a status condition she couldn't afford now, not when she had to be brave. Stubborn, oh yes, Leeka could be that...but brave? It was said that one could only be brave when one was afraid, but if you were so paralyzed by fear and uncertainty, how does the will survive?

"Are you.... okay?"
That came as a bit of a shock, causing her to jolt from her own surprise. It had been a long time she anyone had asked her that and naturally she went to say that she was fine but her maw stopped half way, halted by a stream a thoughts and sense that she'd be lying. Since all this madness started she never had had a shoulder to lean on, no friend to comfort her, for she had kept herself away from others, serving as little more then a ghost that thought she mattered in the Worlds Edge. It wasn't on purpose that she was this way, she was just slow to progress forward. Every time she would make to form new friendships or some change for herself some event had interfered, changing her line of focus and leaving her unable to finish what she started. In the end, she had withstood this conflict– both external and internal– alone and now the scars were finally showing themselves.

There was ache in her chest that ran so deep it made her feel hollow, acting like a void that swallowed her voice as her throat tightened in protest, preventing her from answering. She couldn't say it, if she was all right or not, and so just remained in silence and waited for the answer to her other question with baited breath. If Aveira were from the Worlds Edge it would make a few things easier to bear and might help smooth over the awkward conditions of this encounter.

But of course, that hope would fail to be realized as well. Strangely, she wasn't too disappointed over the fact and actually was happy about it in a way. It wasn't worth musing over what the Edge was to become in the following days, not now. She'd rather just have a simple chat and maybe make a friend. That is what she wanted above all. I'm almost doubting if I can ever make one.

Is that your home? I haven’t heard of it before.”
It struck her as a bit odd that Aveira didn't know about the Worlds Edge. To be so far inland and not know? Most are usually met within the Threshold and were introduced to Helovia by a recruiter, but it was possible that the grey pegasus merely few other the vast forest and thus never had the chance to learn anything. That would explain a few things. " It is." She said after a moment, smiling in a way that could be described as bittersweet. " We're actually not that far from the World's Edge." She gestured with her head vaguely behind her"See the misty cliffs in the distance? That's it. I'm surprised you haven't heard of it till now. It might be good that you haven't." Most learn about the four herds beforehand. How much do you know about Helovia, Aveira?"

Image Credits
- table by Niki -

Messages In This Thread
WEIGHTLESS - by Aveira - 04-19-2015, 03:34 PM
RE: WEIGHTLESS - by Leeka - 04-19-2015, 08:33 PM
RE: WEIGHTLESS - by Aveira - 04-22-2015, 12:58 PM
RE: WEIGHTLESS - by Leeka - 04-25-2015, 10:53 PM
RE: WEIGHTLESS - by Aveira - 05-03-2015, 03:32 PM
RE: WEIGHTLESS - by Leeka - 05-15-2015, 10:03 AM