the Rift

Have I Found My Lands of Forever?

Leeka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
L e e k a

It was an impulsive decision to come out here and here wasn't even where she had meant to be, trotting along the unmistakable redwoods and white oaks of the Threshold standing tall and defiant, aflame with orange leaves. She had been making her way to the Hidden Falls across the plains when she suddenly detoured off into the woods, subconsciously preferring the company of the wood to shelter her then to be accompanied by chilled wind alone. It wasn't too much of a detour to be honest but it betrayed her conflicting emotions, serving as a subtle but brazen display of where her loyalties stood. The Threshold was a veritable twin to the Worlds Edge after all – but with few major key differences. For one, the Threshold was not home to a murderous Goddess. And two, it was always a cradle for the lost and wandering souls of the world, unlike the Edge which was quickly purging itself of a willing population that was now surging into the Hidden Falls, the site of their latest conquest, to escape the Moon Goddess. So much for peace...

Kahlua, their Queen, had told her that the Worlds Edge philosophy was peace and unification between all the herdlands through any and all strife. Imagine Leeka's disappointment when all that proved to be a conditional statement. But of course, she couldn't be too angry.... could she? The circumstances were after all quite extreme and downright grim. No one would feel comfortable while in the hunting grounds of a deceitful and altrox luminary. What she did once, she could do many times over with out regret or fear.

Of late, a dangerous and errant thought raced across her mind. I wish Gods could be put in their place. I wish it weren't so easy for them to mess up our lives. Of course, Leeka knew this was entirely rash of her to think and knew better then to muse on matters out of her control, however they begged otherwise. So instead, Leeka had caved to another sort of impulse and made up her mind to go to the Hidden Falls. Not to stay, just to see it while the gates were open. There had been a few times when she was supposed to have gone on emissary missions there but one thing or another prevented her from going. In this her curiosity egged her own, temporally trumping whatever bitter reproaches lingered in her spotted body over the whole war. Thankfully it had been a swift ordeal with little injury to report on their side. Of the true Hidden Fallers and how they fared, there was little that she knew. At least her herd wasn't imposing a mass exodus on the residents. The Edge simply wanted a place they felt safe in and were willing to annex anyone who wished to remain under the new leadership. The choice was theirs to make. That at least is peaceful, I think.

Leeka paused in her steps then, creating an empty silence all around her as deep as her thoughts while she breathed softly, zoning in to the scents and sounds of the copper wood. Moist damp earth invigorated her senses as she noted the grove of grand white oaks she had stumbled upon, each one dressed in ivory bark and rusty leaves. Beautiful. She would have spent longer observing them when her attention was caught by the sounds of steps rustling nearby, her twin audits swiveling to its source with interest. Having stopped Leeka knew that they were not her own and realized with a bit of a jolt someone was close. Turning her head that's when she caught a glimpse of shimmering gold between the boles of the oak trees further away.

Instantly the young mare's thoughts went to Midas, the former leader of the Hidden Falls. The stallion's association with gold was as near legendary as the Sun God's but when she failed to denote wings on the stranger both those notions were tossed out. This was someone else. Someone new perhaps. Leeka didn't know why but she was suddenly met with the urge to intercept the stranger. While recruitment for the herds often occurred in these parts, Leeka wasn't motivated for that right at this moment and besides, let's face it, the Worlds Edge not was a prime location to be at the moment. She just wanted to meet whoever was there. Perhaps it was out of a sense of duty, to warn them of the comings-and-goings of the land.

Turning about, Leeka trailed after the figure till she found them again not far off. And what a looker. It could be said that Leeka was momentarily swooned by the handsome stranger and his majestic presence but she just as quickly snapped herself from it as she fell under it. " Hail, stranger." She said lightheartedly as way of greeting. " Are these woods new to you? Regardless if they are or not, you've come at a beautiful time in the amber season.""

A beautiful time. Not the words she would use to describe recent events, but for the woods themselves it worked just fine.

Image Credits
- table by Niki -

Messages In This Thread
Have I Found My Lands of Forever? - by Karalius - 04-20-2015, 07:31 AM
RE: Have I Found My Lands of Forever? - by Leeka - 04-20-2015, 11:32 AM
RE: Have I Found My Lands of Forever? - by Karalius - 04-20-2015, 12:26 PM
RE: Have I Found My Lands of Forever? - by Leeka - 04-20-2015, 02:07 PM
RE: Have I Found My Lands of Forever? - by Colt - 04-20-2015, 04:51 PM
RE: Have I Found My Lands of Forever? - by Karalius - 04-23-2015, 02:13 AM
RE: Have I Found My Lands of Forever? - by Leeka - 04-25-2015, 06:03 PM
RE: Have I Found My Lands of Forever? - by Colt - 04-29-2015, 06:37 PM
RE: Have I Found My Lands of Forever? - by Karalius - 05-12-2015, 12:01 PM