the Rift

Have I Found My Lands of Forever?

Leeka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
L e e k a

Leeka cocked her head a bit with pleasant surprise as the grey stallion answered her. So he knew something of Helovia? Not many had ever heard a whisper of this place before stumbling upon it as she had some winter years before, but at the same time it was hardly a secret. The young mare found herself impressed regardless and quite excited by the thought of someone versed in their ways. Of course, that might be granting him a little too much credit. Whatever he knew could just be a collection of stories riddled in myths. Myths made real. she thought to herself idly. She was about to continue on when footsteps again riddled its way into her hearing and neither her nor the grey stallion was moving. Eager to see who else was near Leeka's bright emerald gaze scanned the premises for signs of movement. Who else was coming?

The mare's eyes widened excitedly with recognition as another mare entered onto the scene, a proud chestnut paint bearing exotic tribal markings. Leeka was hardly acquainted with the warrior-mare but knew of her from various herd meetings when she had been promoted to Captain. Her heart sunk, however, when the mare introduced herself as being from the Hidden Falls. She had actually been insulted, momentarily forgetting recent history and almost made to correct her and say that she was from the Worlds Edge.... but then she remembered. Leeka hoped desperately the disappointment didn't show on her face even as the faintest of tears threatened to burn in her eyes. When everyone had begun to leave Leeka had hidden herself away on the beaches below the cliffs, unable to watch as one by one they left the Edge to move onto the next, forced to forsake it because of the terror of the Moon Goddess. She didn't blame anyone... She understood why....it just...it just hurt to be reminded and to know how everyone else must feel. Leeka once already suffered the heartache of losing Eoroleen to shadows. She wasn't about to let them do so again, not if she could still piss in their face by staying.

Thankfully, no tears none came to fruition from the threat and Leeka smiled genuinely at Cheveyo. She was actually happy to see her, regardless of the circumstances. " Nice to see you again, Cheveyo." She said, bowing her head to the former World Edge protector before turning her attention to the grey stallion. " So do you know you're in the Threshold of Helovia then, good sir? Not many do when they find themselves here. As to where to go, there are many places to choose from but you can go–" "she paused suddenly, almost choking on the word for the briefest of seconds. She was about to say 'west, to the Worlds Edge' but how could she dare offer that? It was far from sanctuary and it would mean explaining so much. So much that she didn't want too. Maybe in privet she could have pushed through it, but certainly not in front of Cheveyo, a former Edger. Just because she was going back didn't mean others had to follow. In fact, it was better they didn't. She was dancing with death after all, but, hey, it was her choice.

"– north," she said, emphasizing the word with the barest hint of gravity but otherwise carrying on seemlessly. "With Cheveyo to the Hidden Falls. Many positions to be filled, many things to see. A labyrinth of waterfalls, so I'm told." " Did it show in her voice how it pained her, to speak of this other land as though it were suppose to be home? Leeka thought she spoke well enough, if a bit quiet for her usual self. She didn't fault Cheveyo at all for her choice, just as she hoped the mare didn't think harshly of her weakness either.

" I'm Leeka, by the way." she added after a moment, realizing she hadn't mentioned it before to the grey stallion.""And you? You can't be a stranger forever.""

@[Cheveyo]
@[Karalius]
Image Credits
- table by Niki -

Messages In This Thread
Have I Found My Lands of Forever? - by Karalius - 04-20-2015, 07:31 AM
RE: Have I Found My Lands of Forever? - by Leeka - 04-20-2015, 11:32 AM
RE: Have I Found My Lands of Forever? - by Karalius - 04-20-2015, 12:26 PM
RE: Have I Found My Lands of Forever? - by Leeka - 04-20-2015, 02:07 PM
RE: Have I Found My Lands of Forever? - by Colt - 04-20-2015, 04:51 PM
RE: Have I Found My Lands of Forever? - by Karalius - 04-23-2015, 02:13 AM
RE: Have I Found My Lands of Forever? - by Leeka - 04-25-2015, 06:03 PM