the Rift

No Going Back [OPEN]

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds

I’d spent far too long hidden away from the humanity that was life and now I considered myself quite the introvert. Where once I’d been confident and- well hell, I was still pretty damn self-assured, but at least I’d learned how to rein in my errant tongue. Perhaps it was meeting Resplendence and Amaris that had solved all my problems- or solitude… solitude certainly had a funny way of changing one’s perspective. How long this change would last was still unknown to me, but for those lucky citizens of Helovia, I wouldn’t be trouncing around pestering them with questions about their lifestyle. After all, I’d come to adopt my own.

That was a miracle in and of itself, right?

Of course, it didn’t soothe the boredom that often tested my sanity. I’d encountered too many quiet days and lonesome nights to consider myself completely lucid, BUT at times I was able to convince myself that I was well on my way toward self-proclaimed prodigy.

It was with those notions that I headed back to where my fame had originated and back to the place that had spun these silken webs of celebrity throughout the corridors of my inflated ego.

When the notorious tall wood appeared against the bright backdrop of an Orangemoon sun, I hummed softly to myself. What a beautiful place to discover myself after all the travelling of my past. Who knew that I’d end up here, in Helovia of all places! I’d lucked out, drawn the King out of the deck, and chosen to fold my hand in order to settle down. Even if I hadn’t quite settled yet…

There was still the small matter of positioning myself amongst the others. Everyone spoke of “home” and “herds” and “family life”, but not I. I was still the sole entity, the only deciding factor, in my own life. Maybe it was time to change that along with everything else… Maybe.

-But wait? What in the Gods’ names was that sound?

It was a raucous grinding… a perpetual ache in the pit of my soul that made me want to grit my teeth against the noise. Now that shit had to stop. I was in the midst of reveling! Like a hound, hell bent on tracking some escaped convict, I followed the incessant grating until I’d managed to find myself face-to-face with the ugliest beast I swore I’d ever seen. I’d witnessed my fair share of heinous creatures in days prior, but this brute truly earned the title… What in the hell was I supposed to do now?

Be kind, obviously… lest he rip my head from my shoulders with a quick swipe of those ugly horns. Perhaps I should have stayed “home” today- wherever the hell that was. It would have been better than attempting conversation with this… delightful fellow.

Hello there stranger. Welcome, hola, or whatever it is that pleases you. Don’t suppose you came looking for a place to be or live? Take it from me, Helovia fits the bill. You can just, well, make yourself at home?

Damn, I was smooth.

Atlas

I'm no schoolboy but I know what I like
You shoulda heard me just around midnight

image credits
@[Drake] -- Sorry, I'm horribly rusty with Atlas... and he's well, he's something else.

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Messages In This Thread
No Going Back [OPEN] - by Drake - 04-20-2015, 06:16 PM
RE: No Going Back [WIP] - by Atlas - 04-22-2015, 05:14 PM
RE: No Going Back [OPEN] - by Drake - 04-22-2015, 07:56 PM
RE: No Going Back [OPEN] - by Atlas - 04-22-2015, 09:50 PM
RE: No Going Back [OPEN] - by Drake - 04-23-2015, 02:14 PM