the Rift

[PRIVATE] Run, run, run

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
a light from the shadows shall spring

Thankfully, Najya did not press him for his story - and he was grateful for the gentle touch she left on his shoulder. “One day.” He agreed, offering a small smile back to her. It would be too much right now, he thought, whatever she said. And how could he continue to run from the things in his past that were troubling him if he brought them up? No, better to help her for now. And the smile in those moonlight eyes only brightened when she continued and teased him, making assurances that whatever his story was, he had not turned out too terribly. He hoped that whatever may happen, he would not lose the drive to check on a stranger in distress.

Her reaction to his offer of a home was not outright dismissal, and upon seeing the cluster of emotions in her eyes it gave him cause to stay calm himself. “I would. This herd took me in when I needed a home, and I’ve never felt unwelcomed. It would be an honour to be able to offer that to someone else in need of a haven.” They had some cause to be unwelcoming to him, but he had quickly discovered that anyone in the Throat that had heard the rumours of his parentage did not hold it against him. The worry of being rejected had faded quickly from his mind, now all he had to do was earn his keep.

In their easy gait, Mesec felt light as they chatted - Najya telling him how she knew of the Throat and her question about the name sent a puzzled look across his face. “You know, I actually don’t know the full story behind it. I heard that there was a dragon that lived there once, and its wrath scorched the land at one time. But under the Sun God’s protection, and the devotion of those within it, the land has flourished.” He thought fondly of Cera, who worked tirelessly to create systems and objects that would benefit his herd mates, and of Gaucho, who always seemed to know exactly what was going on within their herd at anytime.  “We’ll have to ask someone more knowledgable about the history than I to see exactly what the story behind the name is.” Perhaps when they were greeted at the borders, for Mesec would need help getting Najya to the island, they would be able to ask.

Her next question was easier to answer and Mesec chuckled a little bit. “Ah, it’s my companion - Lucius. He’s a little thing still and likes to nap most of the day, I think I woke him up already though. Here.” He stopped and turned away, dropping one of his wings lower so that the little zephyr was visible. Lucius, who had been indignant at the shuffle of feathers only moments ago was outraged at this sudden flood of light and a series of sharp chirps rebuked Mesec for his actions. THe paused, once, to regard Najya through narrowed eyes. They were so similar to Mesec’s, but with a sliver of violet right around the pupil. Deciding that the mare was not worth losing sleep over, he continued his chirping until Mesec sighed and obey, shifting his wing back into place. “Not always in the best of moods, this one.” He wondered whether all baby birds were so foul-tempered. Lucius was getting bigger every day, already about half the size he would be when he was fully grown, but still young enough to prefer to sleep as much as possible.

“So, do you have the energy to make the trip now? It’s not too far.”

image by Blu
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Run, run, run - by Najya - 04-20-2015, 07:02 PM
RE: Run, run, run - by Mesec - 04-22-2015, 07:05 PM
RE: Run, run, run - by Najya - 05-03-2015, 06:11 PM
RE: Run, run, run - by Mesec - 05-20-2015, 06:44 PM
RE: Run, run, run - by Brit - 08-13-2015, 11:46 AM
RE: Run, run, run - by Najya - 08-14-2015, 12:56 AM
RE: Run, run, run - by Mesec - 08-14-2015, 10:56 PM