the Rift

[PRIVATE] Run, run, run

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki
THE DESERT DREAMS OF A RIVER THAT WILL RUN DOWN TO THE SEA
LIKE MY HEART LONGS FOR AN OCEAN TO WASH DOWN OVER ME

Najya could tell that there was much more beneath the surface of the stallion of silver and shadows.  That much was abundantly clear.  But she knew better than to press.  The little flaxen mare was one who gave her stories freely, but she knew that was something that set her apart from most.  She couldn't possibly hold his privacy - or his story - against him.  

A haven.  That's what she truly needed, more than anything.  Perhaps she had come to this land looking for all the wrong things.  All she wanted was a new beginning - a new home - to  rebuild and start over.  But maybe a haven is what she really needed.  It seemed like it was all little more than semantics what it was so much more Najya.  A haven was somewhere that she could heal; a place she could remember.  She could belong without the burden of having to rebuild right off the bat - create a new life out of thin air.  Perhaps, instead, she could learn to craft one out of the ashes of her old life - blending that with what she learned of herself in this new world.  She does her best to collect her racing thoughts and keep herself tied to the present.  She's not in the desert - not Mesec's desert of the one that was once her own - she's here in the meadow she's sure has a name.  "A haven,"  she muses,  "I think that's exactly what I'm looking for."  She glances over to Mesec, again wearing a smile. 

She listened as she described some of the history behind the naming of the Throat.  It was the abbreviated version, and Najya made a mental note to do some research if the opportunity arose once she reached the sands.  She was always attracted to the stories, the history, and the legends that gave a place life beyond those living in it. Though his mention of the Sun God did catch her attention.  "Ah, the Sun God.  I saw him once.  That was an…experience."  She remembered the experience with the great column of fire and the dreams he seemed to pull from all who had seen it.  She had no way of knowing Mesec's experience with the Gods goes so far beyond her imagination.

Najya finds herself thoroughly distracted by the little bird that Mesec has tucked away in his wings.  Lucius seemed upset by the intrusion but Najya found herself enraptured by the little bird.  "I don't think he's particularly amused I disturbed his nap.  I wouldn't be in the best mood either if someone turned on the lights while I was sleeping, either."   She had never seen a creature quite like Lucius.  "He's going to be quite something when he's grown, Mesec," she added, as the little bird was tucked away again - safe in the cradle of Mesec's wings. 

When Mesec speaks again, Najya drew herself to a halt and turned to face the larger stallion. "I'd like that very much!" she said, with more excitement in her voice than she could contain.  She couldn't contain the smile that broke out on her lips.  "Lead the way?"

NAJYA
image credits || Thank You Sarah! <3 || Tags: @Mesec 

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Messages In This Thread
Run, run, run - by Najya - 04-20-2015, 07:02 PM
RE: Run, run, run - by Mesec - 04-22-2015, 07:05 PM
RE: Run, run, run - by Najya - 05-03-2015, 06:11 PM
RE: Run, run, run - by Mesec - 05-20-2015, 06:44 PM
RE: Run, run, run - by Brit - 08-13-2015, 11:46 AM
RE: Run, run, run - by Najya - 08-14-2015, 12:56 AM
RE: Run, run, run - by Mesec - 08-14-2015, 10:56 PM
RE: Run, run, run - by Najya - 08-18-2015, 12:40 AM
RE: Run, run, run - by Mesec - 08-22-2015, 01:54 PM