the Rift

Trail of Tears {OPEN}

Cherokee Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Cherokee

I'll keep a part of you with me...

Usually she was so good about watching and listening for others, always keeping her guard up. Perhaps she was just tired, or maybe it was time for her to have a conversation with someone other than herself, either way when Cherokee heard a branch snap behind her it was already too late to fade into the trees. The moonlight on her brightly colored rump would have given her away she was sure.

Silently cursing herself for her clumsiness, the mare attempted to keep her cool, slowly finishing her drink before raising her head and turning to meet the other equine head on. As she moved, Cherokee subtly maneuvered her hind quarters to face away from the waters edge, she didn't want to be forced into the depths of the pool should this visitor prove unfriendly. As the new mare stepped out of the trees and into the moonlight bath Cherokee had to hide her amazement, she had always considered herself to be a uniquely colored animal though it wasn't always her proudest feature, but this mare was something different altogether.

She held an almost ethereal quality about her as the pale light danced across her silver shoulders. Cherokee almost let a grin play on her lips, quite ironic really, gold and silver meeting in one place, was it a sign? A sign of what though she wondered. Letting eyes as blue as a midday sky roam freely over the shorter mare Cherokee noticed that she too was built to endure, and the curious marking on her leg seemed to prove that.

It almost came as a shock when she spoke, naming herself as Colt before spewing so much information that Cherokee could hardly keep up. Something about herds and lands she had never heard of, and a band of Outcasts. Was she an outcast? Maybe not the organized Outcasts the silver mare spoke of, but an outcast by choice was what she was going to call herself for now.

When at last her voice faded into the night air, Cherokee realized that she was meant to respond. It had been so long since she spoke that she had to open and close her lips a few times in silence before she could squeak anything out. Realizing she must look the fool, the golden mare shut her eyes and let out one word, "Cherokee," She was almost shocked when her voice actually worked, and a smile did play upon her face this time.

Continuing, she let her voice grow stronger and more powerful as the words flowed. "My name is Cherokee friend. That's quite the load of information, but you're right, I am new in these parts," Maybe this was just what she needed, a distraction.

"You know nothing about me other than now my name. Why would you want me in your so called band of 'Outcasts'? For that matter, why have you been cast out, what would I be associating myself with should I entertain your offer?"

Cherokee was intrigued for sure, though a little skeptical. It could be that it was time to really put the past in the past, but even as the thought crossed her mind she pictured her precious baby laying dead in the grass and a wave of anguish hit her again.

Shaking her head to rid it of the image, she stared unwavering into Colt's eyes, standing straighter and puffing her chest out further. If she was to meet anyone in this new place she was going to make a good first impression.

OOC: Hehe, I could see Cherokee jumping on this just to try and forget. This might be the start of a beautiful friendship!

Word Count:590

Speech

And everywhere I am, there you'll be.

Table background by AuroraWienholdSTOCK on Deviantart.

Messages In This Thread
Trail of Tears {OPEN} - by Cherokee - 04-20-2015, 11:08 PM
RE: Trail of Tears {OPEN} - by Colt - 04-21-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: Trail of Tears {OPEN} - by Cherokee - 04-21-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: Trail of Tears {OPEN} - by Atlas - 04-23-2015, 01:40 PM
RE: Trail of Tears {OPEN} - by Cherokee - 04-23-2015, 02:11 PM
RE: Trail of Tears {OPEN} - by Colt - 04-24-2015, 05:21 PM
RE: Trail of Tears {OPEN} - by Atlas - 04-25-2015, 12:55 AM
RE: Trail of Tears {OPEN} - by Cherokee - 04-25-2015, 02:21 PM
RE: Trail of Tears {OPEN} - by Colt - 05-01-2015, 10:48 PM
RE: Trail of Tears {OPEN} - by Atlas - 05-06-2015, 01:19 AM