the Rift

Trail of Tears {OPEN}

Cherokee Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Cherokee
I'll keep a part of you with me, and everywhere I am there you'll be
As the moon rose higher in the sky, illuminating everything with an eerie silver glow, Cherokee could feel the tension between the two Helovians growing thicker and thicker. Colt seemed to instantly bristle around the newcomer, growing even hostile as he spoke. And the cool, cocky arrogance of the stallion was enough to send a shiver up the golden mare's spine. Both were vying for her attention, her company on their respective paths, it was almost too much for the young mare.

A quick step back from the both of them and Cherokee was more than glad that she had turned her hind end away from the water's edge when Colt had first appeared. She needed a getaway, just in case. She couldn't match the speed of the two creatures in front of her, but if she got enough of a head start she knew she could outlast them. As Atlas spoke directly to Colt, Cherokee chanced another half step away from the two.

It would have been easy to follow Colt had this starry coated stallion not turned up, she wouldn't have had to make a hard decision. Now though, she had three options, go with the silver mare to a home where she promised protection, safety. She could run again, run as far as she possibly could, perhaps meet another, or even live out the rest of her years in solitude. However, with the approach of Atlas, she had a third choice, she could take the road he followed to this 'Throat' he spoke of, an actual herd land, one that Colt had said was south. South meant warmth, and the warmth was never something Cherokee shunned.

It was so much to decide right then and there. Then it hit her, the stocky mare before her had mentioned spies. Spies for what, on whom? And if it was spies she craved, would they not have to be inside the herd lands gaining information? It also dawned on her that Colt had never finished her speech, her purpose still lay unclear in the night air.

How would she convince the mare that she could be on her side while playing this Atlas character at the same time? Both offers hung heavy between the three animals and Cherokee knew that it was now or never, she had to decide. Or did she?

She could spy in the Throat should Colt want it, gain the trust of the ones who lived there, this Atlas included. She chanced a look in his direction, praying he was not a some form of divine creature who could read her thoughts.

"Colt, you didn't finish your thought before this lovely gentleman joined us. Though I am intrigued by your establishment."

She left the statement alone for Colt to speak up before turning to the stallion, she had to gain both of their trust. It wasn't going to be easy though. Hopefully the bloodstained mare would understand what she was trying to do.

"This 'Dragons Throat' does sound appealing Atlas. Perhaps it would be a worth while journey."

A quick swish of her tail in towards Colt, maybe she would interpret it as a sign, it would be a worthwhile journey for a spy, as well as a newcomer to these lands. Sending up a quick prayer, she spoke again, this time looking past Colt to a stand of trees as she did so, would she take the hint without tipping off the horned beast in their midst?

"I have had quite an overload of information friends, would you excuse me? I'd like to have a moment alone. The past few weeks have been difficult."

Word Count: 620
OOC: Hmmm, Didn't expect to write that, but it turns out Cherokee is a sneaky bitch! ;)

chris_parfitt on flickr
larfsalot on deviantart

Messages In This Thread
Trail of Tears {OPEN} - by Cherokee - 04-20-2015, 11:08 PM
RE: Trail of Tears {OPEN} - by Colt - 04-21-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: Trail of Tears {OPEN} - by Cherokee - 04-21-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: Trail of Tears {OPEN} - by Atlas - 04-23-2015, 01:40 PM
RE: Trail of Tears {OPEN} - by Cherokee - 04-23-2015, 02:11 PM
RE: Trail of Tears {OPEN} - by Colt - 04-24-2015, 05:21 PM
RE: Trail of Tears {OPEN} - by Atlas - 04-25-2015, 12:55 AM
RE: Trail of Tears {OPEN} - by Cherokee - 04-25-2015, 02:21 PM
RE: Trail of Tears {OPEN} - by Colt - 05-01-2015, 10:48 PM