the Rift

[PRIVATE] Breaking homes and hearts

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Ilios
The golden boy watched his baby sister with bright wet eyes. Look what he was doing to his family, tearing them apart by the roots. The sound of hooves brought the boy to his feet pushing himself ahead of his sister. Hastily he scrubbed the tears from his ivy masked face on his matching leg. This was no time to be showing his weakness. A snort blew from his soft muzzle, warning the newcomer. As the massive gold body strode from the trees the colt relaxed sighing heavily. He had never been in a fight before, and now would not have been a good time to start. Ilios bowed his horned head respectfully before gazing into his old leader's blue orbs. The look Kaj gave him sent a shiver of joy through him. Surely he had heard what they had been talking about, but he seemed to understand. In the boy's heart Kaj held the place where is father should have.

Pricked ears caught every last word he had to say. He relished the words of comfort, and placed the name Gaucho firmly within his mind. So he would need to find Kaj's friend in order to join the Throat. His deepening drawl sounded out, "I promise Areli, I will come and visit, and I know Kaj will take care of you and mother." 'The way father should have taken care of us.' He kept the last bit to himself as he flashed a grateful glance towards the light gold stud. A soft smile touched his own features as the man joked with his sister. It was good to know that someone would always be there for her, even if he couldn't be.

The Czar was not out of surprises yet though. He bowed his head again silently thanking him, without interrupting. When his dome rises, their eyes meet. He can see the sorrow reflecting back at him from the baby blues. A lump instantly rises to his throat as the words wash over him, warming his body like the sun. Mother had told him that before, but it meant so much more coming from him. He was a mighty and kind ruler, one to be revered and never forgotten. If Kaj could be proud of him, then he could be proud of himself as well. Swallowing hard the colt gazed up steadily into the stallion's gaze before speaking, "Thank you Kaj, it means a lot that you would do that for us. I think it might be best to wait a few days... I need to gather my thoughts." He smiled softly before stepping forward, and carefully expanding his wings. Once close enough he dropped his voice to a whisper, "I know you aren't my blood father, but You hold a much larger part of my heart than he ever could. Please look after my mother and sister." He tried to catch his eyes searching them for the promise he was sure would come.

Stepping back he turned to his golden dappled sister smiling softly down at her. "I bet Kaj will play with you, but you have to ask nicely and make sure he isn't busy, deal?" He smiled teasingly before trying to tenderly bump her neck. "I'll take you home for a few days then we can go to the Throat, only if you promise to do as Kaj says and leave when he says it's time." Silver eyes gazed firmly down at her pretty face before glancing back at Kaj making sure he was saying the right things. One day he would look back and realize he had done the best he could, but for now his heart and emotions were raw.

Wonderings Talking
Words: 616
OOC: @Areli @Kaj
His voice
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~ Robert Frost
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Messages In This Thread
Breaking homes and hearts - by Ilios - 04-21-2015, 04:46 AM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Areli - 04-23-2015, 08:54 PM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Areli - 04-24-2015, 02:18 PM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Areli - 05-01-2015, 06:23 PM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Areli - 05-09-2015, 12:19 PM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Areli - 05-29-2015, 12:50 AM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Ilios - 04-24-2015, 02:41 AM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Ilios - 04-27-2015, 03:42 AM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Ilios - 05-04-2015, 06:42 PM
RE: Breaking homes and hearts - by Tamme - 05-04-2015, 08:27 PM