the Rift

I never learned how to pray

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Are you ready for
The perfect storm

Her heart still beating, her breath still caught, her eyes still adrift... she almost didn't catch the low voice of her son. Almost.

Ampere turned a blue eye on him, lightning blinking as her nose tilted towards him. She reached out a gentle touch, slow, and careful, as if she was afraid of him - more like what he asked. Actually, she was afraid of why she'd been promoted at all, but she couldn't share that with him. Not now, not ever. So instead, she smiled, and pounced a love bite towards his scruffy mane on his nape. The hesitation vanished like fog in the morning. "Because he knows we don't spend enough time together as it is, and he wouldn't want us to miss even more adventures than we already do!"

Then, she stilled, and withdrew, holding her child in the hard grip of her serious stare. "Little lightning... more power means more responsibility. You should never want a title, just to have it. The title should want you, anything else is greed and folly."b She snorted, and sand billowed out a little bit from her nares. In her opinion, no one in power should want to hold it. She hadn't, then again she hadn't done much good with her rank, even if she hadn't done much bad. "Besides, Megaera is a fine horse, she will make a good lead." Then Megaera burst into light, and Ampere lifted a wing to shield her eyes, but gasped in awe and soon broke into laughter at her warrior Sultana.

Tandavi...

As the meeting died down and the crowds dispersed, Ampere looked for the tiger mare, hoping to catch her before sands were put between them. "Maren!" she called out with uncertainty, not sure if she remembered the name right. Her hooves pushed the sand around as she trotted after the new Diviner. "I don't think we've met. I'm Ampere," she greeed quickly, head tossing after a mild bow towards the priest.

After a pause and a sidelong glance, Ampere got to the point. "When you call the Sun God in the fires, as Diviners often do each season, I'd like to be there." It wasn't a question, although maybe she should have phrased it as much, since the fires were not her place. Still, she would not rest until she had spoken to him. "The Sun, he doesn't always show, but if he does... I have a question for him." She held Maren steady in her gaze, hoping for an answer to a question she didn't ask.

A M P E R E
HALO OF COLD HAIR & _LIGHTNING

schwartz.deviantart.com

@[Maren] @[Zèklè]

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
I never learned how to pray - by Ampere - 04-21-2015, 10:41 PM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Maren - 04-22-2015, 02:35 PM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Ampere - 04-26-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Maren - 04-28-2015, 11:27 AM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Ampere - 05-03-2015, 07:50 PM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Maren - 05-09-2015, 11:16 AM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Random Event - 05-24-2015, 02:28 PM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Maren - 05-26-2015, 02:04 PM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Ampere - 05-31-2015, 11:28 AM