the Rift

I never learned how to pray

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz
Maren

. . . so i go growing roses in the disarray.

It was after the herd-meeting and she was trying to get back to her boat when some mare behind her shouted her name. The tigermare's gaze rotated to see the Mother of Companions; the pegasus with the sharp blue markings. She had just been promoted as well. Ampere. Even through her warrior muscles, she was a beautiful creature. "Congratulations", she smiled, although she smelled something else beside the dusty sand that had started to clog her nostrils... Hurry? Is she in a rush? Then the chancellor made her point. Maren nodded. "That's fine." But hurry was never a good thing when it came to connecting with the Holy. Maren's eyes silently analyzed the mare. Perhaps even judged, as she did not approve of it. It's just never a good thing, really. She preferred having time to think, between taking action. Still, the eyes of the Mother pried into hers and Maren could see the determination - the need in them. And she couldn't help thinking about the past months; months of chaos and confusion. If only she had had someone around her who would've understood... I understand, she attempted to answer the mare's plea with the purples of her own normally silent gaze. "Come meet me tomorrow, before it gets high-sun", she said after a pause. Then she strolled away.

The next morning she watched the Sun rise.

Seagulls screeched in the distant heavens, her voice fleeting in the wind. "You are my fire now", she whispered to the crackling flames as she stood before it, in thought. "I hope you don’t mind getting a new priestess to chat with..." Vivid colors danced before her eyes. Maren watched them play. Like a mother watching her child, even though preachers like her would tell it the other way around. Even though she felt some rare nerves pinching her stomach, but she knew that she must have been chosen for a reason. Diviner. A few weeks ago she had not known; had not been aware of how much she needed the Sun. For once, she had been not blinded by holy light, no; she had been left wandering in the darkness that mortals carried; unknowing. And she was that; mortal. She saw now - accepted that; she was not able to only see light. Or only see darkness. The test put out by the entities was a sharp one. Sharp as a sword, for it had almost stung her all the way through, just in time to save herself by pulling it out - or looking up. Her fear had made her see fire; burning blazes that were the sun. But the Sun was not just that. The Sun was also light, life, and health. It was the one that made the leaves on the Grand Oak juicy and lush. For once, she had not seen that connection; had not seen the balance. It did not feel like she was watching a fire, but rather watching the God.

They were both there when the sun had climbed high enough for it to be almost high-sun, and Maren welcomed the Mother of Companions with a smile. "Before we start, come sit with me by the fire for a moment", letting herself fall to her knees and feeling the hot sand against her skin. "I would like you to close your eyes and relax", she voiced as she closed her own eyes. She felt her rust-striped back catching the sun rays. She let her muscles relax too, something she - surprisingly - had never found hard to do, as the lazy tigermare suddenly felt the urge to nap. But a stern voice in her head withhold her. Remembering her duty she opened one eye in order to secretly peek through the long white lashes, to see if the Mother of Companions was doing as she was told. For, even though the blue mare had seemed in a rush yesterday, she would not tolerate the company of an unorganized mind in the presence of a God.

Speech
@[Ampere]
Image Credit
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
I never learned how to pray - by Ampere - 04-21-2015, 10:41 PM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Maren - 04-22-2015, 02:35 PM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Ampere - 04-26-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Maren - 04-28-2015, 11:27 AM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Ampere - 05-03-2015, 07:50 PM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Maren - 05-09-2015, 11:16 AM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Random Event - 05-24-2015, 02:28 PM