the Rift

I never learned how to pray

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz
Maren

. . . so i go growing roses in the disarray.

As she peeked, she saw the blue mare either hesitating or confused. The tigermare too, blinked as she looked up with questioning eyes at the Mother of Companions. Is there something wrong? Has my accent made the lines of my words too vague to be understood? Was it so that this task appeared to be... unfamiliar to her routine - Perhaps? Still, if one could sleep, one could relax. And with the Gods presence so nearby, she must be able to feel the arms around her, guiding her. Yes. And thus Marens eyelids closed again, feeling at ease. Nevertheless, the contrast of the blue mare against the golden desert still lingered on the dark canvas of her minds eye.

What is your question?
What is your haste?
What are you hiding?

A rude snort resounded against her eardrums. In the stillness combined with the crackling of the holy fire she waited a few seconds before answering the rough sound made by the mare. "Don't over think it", she mumbled flatly, slightly irritated by her incapability. When she heard the mare sinking into the sands as well, the tigermare took a deep breath, releasing the tension from her own body into her lungs, and pressed it out through her nostrils. She continued her meditating process, concentrating - trying to, until the shifting and twitching of the mare before her had become, even for her, too much. Maren opened her eyes, looking straight into the electric blues of the lightning mare. She noticed that Ampere had not relaxed at all. But she did try, the white marbles of her mind interrupted her black stained thoughts. Still, a grim expression remained on her angelic face.

"When does the relaxing happen?" Apparently the sacred art of relaxation was as vivid as the wind for the pegasus. With her jawline tensing, drawing shadows in the light of the fire, Maren did not answer. For it was just a stupid question. And as if the world had not heard enough of those, she added another one. "...Running?" She repeated with surprise attached to her tongue. Wasn't the gladiator always running and flying around already? ... But that is the opposite of what I'm trying to get you to do... Maren glanced into the eyes of the mare, trying to grasp what was so much troubling her, but as soon as the light of the answer came in sight, it dimmed again. The warmth of the flames pressed against her body and pressed itself gently against her thoughts, enlightening her. "Running away, you mean", the priestess finally finished the chancellors sentence. Herself being slightly confused with the path of the conversation, she continued matter of factly: "It may start with the same sound, but that doesn't make them the same thing. In fact, they are quit opposite." While she spoke, a thoughtful frown had started to grow around her eyes. It would only tire her. It would only fasten her heartbeat - It would only empty her mind because of the animalistic instincts that would dominate over that of the civilized part of their evolved selves. No, she would need to think. She would need to use and fill her minds capability to overcome the obstacles that had forced her into waters to deep to endure and seas to wild to tame. Then she would - perhaps - understand, see the cleared paths - and she would be able to connect, understand the flames within her. They would finally be able to connect with those of the Holiness. The grim expression in the priestess' eyes softened slowly, and a weak sigh left her mellowed lips.

"Do you want to do this, or not?" She said, rather harsh despite the weakened tightness of her expression. "Are you ready for this, or not?"

Speech
@[Ampere]
Image Credit
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
I never learned how to pray - by Ampere - 04-21-2015, 10:41 PM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Maren - 04-22-2015, 02:35 PM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Ampere - 04-26-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Maren - 04-28-2015, 11:27 AM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Ampere - 05-03-2015, 07:50 PM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Maren - 05-09-2015, 11:16 AM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Random Event - 05-24-2015, 02:28 PM