the Rift

I never learned how to pray

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz
Maren

. . . so i go growing roses in the disarray.

She looked at the mare with a slight surprise. No? But she didn't feel at all troubled by her boldness. If anything, she was delighted to get a straight and clear answer from the mare; even though one in a not to cushioned form. In all her years of wandering through different cultures, the perfume of boldness had always made her feel most comfortable. Nevertheless, when Maren glared at the rustling feathers, she was clueless at what the restlessness (was it restlessness or just another sign of some unknown emotion?) meant. Unsure what it was supposed to project, she glanced back at the electric blue eyes, which voice she was slowly getting more familiar with since they’d met. But a new fluttering tickle in her stomach made her think that she might had said something wrong earlier - And the angry tones that the Mother of Companions released only accompanied and strengthened that feeling, and made her for the first time a bit… uncomfortable.

She wanted to tell her that she wasn't asking her to sleep, that she wasn't required to be tired for this kind of relaxing, which was meditating. From somewhere deep she even wanted to tell her that it was okay to be nervous. That she was nervous too. Perhaps even more so, for; what if the Sun would deny her to be his Diviner? What is she was unworthy, after all? What if the path that she had started to walk abruptly ceased to exist? Crumbled down? She didn't want to turn around now that she had come this far.

So she wasn't sure how and what she wanted to tell Ampere anymore, what she could tell ampere to let go of that anger, except to just to let it run loose. Thoughtfully and feeling the emotions of sympathy rising up, the tigermare chewed her tongue. She would have wanted to do the same, after all. But she would not let her do it here. Would not let her do it now. Not so that that anger would be circuiting around the fires of their holy patron. Maren’s thoughts sailed through her busy mind while Ampere had finally decided that she wanted this, and once again, she tried to get to that relaxed state. The Mother's 'yes' had been a mocking sneer, even though the only one the warrior should be laughing at was herself.

How will you be able to succeed with those bothersome emotions burning inside of you?

…But holding those emotions in the shadowed corners of her existence was just another thing that proved her mortal. Still, as the tide had its own way, maybe the Mother of Companions simply wasn't ready, after all.

So, as she took in a new breath, the Diviner watched the gladiator slowly calming down with eyes filled with judgment. Beside them the fire crackled, heating the wind that caressed her neck and cheek. The vivid light reflecting in her whiskers and against the glittering sands between them. With the stillness the only thing she could do was think. Ampere seemed to be either stuck and searching for answers to make something better again, or she felt alone and was simply in need of a remembrance, an enlightenment and embrace of a divine warmth. But what she didn't seem to get was that that anger was clouding her vision. How could she see the clarity of her belief in this way? And the question of what the mare was searching for remained. But if her mind was not naked, how could she see whatever response she would get?

Nevertheless the Mother had decided to not hide any longer, she had decided to face – whatever it was. She had put the warrior she was into her belief; and what was wrong with that? Were the minds of the warriors, who already fought for the family of the Sun, really filled with something that was no good when it came to facing their patron?

Maren's eyes still rested on Ampere, who had seemingly started to succeed in her relaxing while the light of the fire embraced her, too.

Am I really the one who should be the one deciding that? Should I really have the audacity to embody the Angel of Judgment, and be the one to tell this individual that she is not ready to face a God? To face her own faith?

No.
In the end, she didn't have that kind of consent at all.

She let go of her breath and pulled her hooves from under her body, and stretched her muscles while letting out a relaxed grunt. Sand still fell like waterfalls from her sticky belly, but she didn't seem to mind as she turned her figure to the fire. "You did... Good", she finally said in the silence that she stood. You were already good enough, even without the ability to relax in a whim. The Diviner turned her softer gotten expression to Ampere, accompanied with lips curled up in a smile. "Whatever happens - or whatever doesn't happen, you are allowed to blame it on me." A quick grin ran across her face and then disappeared before she turned her full attention to the divine fires. Perhaps with that also showing her own compressed nerves - and the fact that, just like the Mother, she was still just a mare. This time louder than the whispers from before, but just as devoted, she spoke into the fiery flames with her flattering foreign voice. “God of the Sun, Patron of our family in the sand and the heat, would You enlighten us with Your wisdom and, with all respect, would You speak to... someone in the burning need of Your guidance?”

Speech
@[Ampere], @[God of the Sun]
Image Credit
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
I never learned how to pray - by Ampere - 04-21-2015, 10:41 PM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Maren - 04-22-2015, 02:35 PM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Ampere - 04-26-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Maren - 04-28-2015, 11:27 AM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Ampere - 05-03-2015, 07:50 PM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Maren - 05-09-2015, 11:16 AM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Random Event - 05-24-2015, 02:28 PM