the Rift

I never learned how to pray

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz
Maren

. . . so i go growing roses in the disarray.

Flames cringed and danced, clawed and bit at the air it hungered for as the priestess' words got taken by the light. Maren listened how the fire continued to crackle and tap with the same unison in its melody. The scent of burning circled through her nose as the mare gazed into the Diviner's Fire. Longing for the feeling of finding that long awaited sign of the eruption of Wisdom granted by the God... And that of trust - and also for a sign of the questions one horse in particular longed for so desperately to be stripped naked and be enlightened by the answers.

Then, from within the fire a light brighter than the flames bursted and burned through her eyes - into her mind. The fires melody turned into a symohony she had never heard before. The crackling had disappeared and the marble stone felt soft and airy, ethereal. She opened herself for it, let in what was to be let in and, sunken into the mellow lips of the Holy Fire, became the witness of what was not - but what could come to be.

A film, a memory, a whisper: They all connected - but then again they didn't - or at least; not really - with the visions that feasted in the clarity that shone in the midst of a blurred frame. The whispers were numbers and the memories were scents, but there was ice and there was warmth in the heat of the cold and fell around her along with the visions she saw. The groups and the waving of different flags but still under one ultimate. Then, something fell into the waters of her mind. Ripples marked the ending and sailed in prefect circles outwards into the mists as her vision of light began to slowly fade. The eyes of the flames closed once again.

The closure left nothing but a puzzle cut from an impalpable time, packed in the luminous dust of a sunbeam.

After the heightened flames had been put to rest once more, Maren continued to stare into the flames, even after they had sunk. She blinked a couple of times; crowning a mind that had turned restless in thoughts. Little by little she became aware of her surroundings again, felt the needles of the autumn wind prickle the parts of her body which were left unheated by the fire. Her long ivory mane lay restless in the breeze to match her inner feelings, but her wings lay still as the wings of a dead pigeon, hanging above the flames' heatwaves in silence.

The mare swallowed dusty air from her dry mouth and then from somewhere decided to turn around. In her sight appeared not the groups of horses illuminated from behind, not ice or heat, even though that was what was still lingering on her retina: In her vision stood a blue mare. Suddenly the priestess remembered the questions she had had, the desperate need for answers. For what felt like an eternity, Maren looked at her; into her lightning-bolt blue eyes. Gaping at the blue mare - had to search her mind to find her name again: Ampere, Mother of Companions. Ampere... She'd had a burning desire, was seeking answers for some purpose the tigermare didn't know anything about - hadn't asked. Hadn't felt the need to.

She scraped her throat. "What were your questions?"

Speech
@[Ampere] (or something :| sorry for the vague-ness)
Image Credit
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
I never learned how to pray - by Ampere - 04-21-2015, 10:41 PM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Maren - 04-22-2015, 02:35 PM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Ampere - 04-26-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Maren - 04-28-2015, 11:27 AM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Ampere - 05-03-2015, 07:50 PM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Maren - 05-09-2015, 11:16 AM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Random Event - 05-24-2015, 02:28 PM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Maren - 05-26-2015, 02:04 PM
RE: I never learned how to pray - by Ampere - 05-31-2015, 11:28 AM