Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds

Essetia & Romul</style>

God knows what is hiding in this world of little consequence
Behind the tears, inside the lies
A thousand slowly dying sunsets
</style>

How did one welcome reprieve after so much grief? How did one simply… let go of all they had come to know? Even if I’d chosen to return to the Hidden Falls, I knew that a new life would be lying in wait… What kind of life that would be was still unclear to me and honestly, what would it even matter? The very thread that had tied us all together had been taken… and I wasn’t strong enough to face whatever fate the Falls now endured. Somewhere along my journey in captivity, I’d come to imagine only a grim future for those I’d come to call “family”- an uncertain future that I would not allow myself to share. After all, I’d always prided myself on self-preservation… It had never taken from me or disappointed me, but of course there was a first time for everything. Still, I hadn’t pictured my life this way after returning to Helovia and now I knew not how to proceed…

Would I simply forget everything and begin again?

Frustrated, I pressed onward through the Fields in hopes of forging my own path until all of this was too far behind me to remember. But, my memory was not something so easily erased. Death removed the flesh, the bones, and the presence of someone, but it did not quell the images of the past, the emotions shared, or the recollection of their laughter- though at times I wished it did. This was just another chapter in my novel of never-ending horrors in which I would remain the heroine, even if I died trying. After all, I just wanted to live… was that so wrong?

Yet, everything about my questionable future felt clinical and harsh. Here I was, running from the problems of my present and trying to ignore the pain of what would soon become my past. Call it unfeeling, call it what you will, yet there were but a few ways to survive and I’d been blessed with the ability of doing just that. I’d taught myself to persist when all felt lost and by leaving behind everything that weighed me down, I would be able to move on. I couldn’t imagine believing anything otherwise, because how did one live with so many burdens? The feeling of them was unbearable. I’d released myself from the duty of protecting Midas in the afterlife and I’d released myself from the idea of returning to a home that was no longer my own simply because I couldn’t carry them anymore.

This would be the last day I thought of Midas or Africa or any of them. I would embrace this fresh start in some way or another... or so I prayed.

However, so much emotion had made me weary and I was forced to pause in my departure from the Fields... Though being alone helped to soothe the maddening rhythm of my heart, the adrenaline had passed leaving me fatigued. While I tried to hide from the shock and the pain I’d witnessed in others upon discovering that Midas was- well, in short, I’d experienced a very trying day. I’d been freed from the Basin, from Ulrik, and from the Falls… There was no one left to concern myself with, aside from Romul of course. But, even the wolf appeared to be worried over my state of absolute nonchalance. Though, I knew it would pass and we would once again find ourselves unified. We always did.

But, Essetia…” he murmured softly. I turned to fix him with a hard stare, but found only confusion and hurt in the depths of his golden gaze. I couldn’t find it within myself to scorn him for caring, even if I hadn’t the patience for weakness after so much pitiful sobbing on my behalf. On a sigh, I stooped to touch his slender muzzle with my own, attempting to reassure him of my overall wellbeing. He returned the gesture in kind, but I tried not to hear his quiet whimpering when our embrace was finally broken. We would be okay.

When I had righted myself fully, I turned toward a thin stream that ambled slowly through the tall grasses. The embankment was shallow and once I’d tested the stability of its ledge, I bent before the gurgling waters intending to drink. My throat was parched and thick with the bitter-tasting memory of the tears I’d shed. However, when I was confronted with my own reflection, the face that peered back at me from above the smooth stones and the sandy creek-bed was not one I recognized… I nearly laughed, or cried, at the sight. I was not who I remembered- at least not anymore. I’d changed somehow… But, I just wanted to be rid of it all.

I wanted to forget.

"Speak speak speak."

IMAGE CREDITS

@[Ulrik] -- This was intended to be directly after our last thread.
For your amusement

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
Mad World - by Essetia - 04-22-2015, 08:26 PM
RE: Mad World - by Ulrik - 04-23-2015, 10:33 PM
RE: Mad World - by Essetia - 04-24-2015, 02:23 AM
RE: Mad World - by Ulrik - 04-25-2015, 01:27 AM
RE: Mad World - by Essetia - 04-27-2015, 10:46 PM
RE: Mad World - by Ulrik - 04-28-2015, 08:46 PM
RE: Mad World - by Essetia - 05-01-2015, 12:46 AM