the Rift

[OPEN] whats the sense in anything?

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
A heavy sigh escaped me, one made of relief and discontent. The multi-colored mare had ignored my attacks and fled the battlefield… But, that did little to soothe my mounting hysteria; I had done this to her. I had robbed her of her life, of her home, and of her personal comforts. Even as I’d watched her flee, even as I’ watched- I couldn’t go on. This was sick, this was inhumane, and this was… What had become of me? I had betrayed the man I was, because this creature was not the one I remembered from years ago. Where did I expect to go from here? How could I ever proudly represent any home I claimed to be my own? I had ripped the rug from beneath their hooves, just like it had been ripped from beneath me when Tamira died. I was a fucking monster. I was a murderer. There were families here; there were mothers and children and fathers… all of which had been engaged in bloody warfare, forced to protect what was naturally theirs.

Upon entering the Falls I had expected an entirely different stage. I hadn’t expected for my brethren to greatly outnumber our “adversaries”. They weren’t enemies; they hadn’t been expecting this! Had Mirage stood before us, this wouldn’t have happened. She believed in alliances and friendship and trust! This was nothing more than greed and arrogance… a blatant display of strength that led us nowhere. In a way I was glad that Essetia was not here to witness this awful… genocide of the heart.

Though lives were not taken, they may as well have been. Their lives had been taken and uprooted before their very eyes… How cruel of us to stand their corruptors, their fucking foes. This was the life I supported. These were the leaders I chose to honor, but no more would I accept their rule. They directed me toward corruption…

How did I escape it?

How did I erase this from my memory?

As I looked around at the bloodied soldiers, at the wounded members of the Falls… I couldn’t help but feel utterly helpless. Time had slowed considerably and I found that I could no longer move- not because I’d been injured in any way, but because I couldn’t imagine that I had helped in this horrific event. If I were to have yet another child, what would I tell them before they closed their eyes to sleep against the rushing of the waterfalls instead of the lapping of the sea? This was not the land I called home and it never would be… Why had I ever thought that I could exist silently in this bitter world- in this bloodied future?

This was not the World’s Edge and I had pledged my allegiance to the mists and the sea and the Moon.

Come what may, I would return to the only place that had comforted me since I’d come to find myself after so much turmoil.

When my thoughts had finally overwhelmed me and caused a single tear to brim across my bottom lid, I turned my face toward the sky in hopes of finding resolve, but all I found was… Tallis? Of course! Evangeline… I needed to find her and I needed to comfort her in her time of need. I needed to make sure she was okay. After all, she had finally admitted her loyalty to me and it was time that I proved my own diligence to her as well.

Though I had no taken damage in the battle itself, I was still worried that Eva would believe I was buried beneath the gales and the glades- left for dead. She was the love of my life, the love of my new life, and the perfect reminder of where I’d come from. She was everything to me and everything that I’d been looking for. It was time to ignore my fears about the future in order to nurture the needs of my present….

Tallis still loomed above, squawking and shrieking for my attention so that I might follow and I did. I worried that Evangeline had been targeted from the borders, despite her many encouraging sentiments. If Tallis was searching for me… did that mean that Eva was hurt? Did that mean that I was searching for more blood?

I ran.

Though I was not the quickest of breeds, I ran as fast as my wide hooves would carry me… I would find her and I would comfort her for all that she’d done for me, because I knew. I knew that she would have to follow me into yet another war if this one had not taken her from me, and one less riddled in blood and battle.

This one was quite different, you see, and quite personal. I needed to reclaim what was once mine.

When the glimmer of orange dusted the horizon, I stretched into a headlong gallop- one not natural to my gait or size. It was like trying to hammer aginst concrete pillars meant for stability… Yet, once I’d reached her, I couldn’t refrain from crashing into the heat of her. I’d longed for her, sought her out, and now she was finally mine… I would bring her again to the glory she deserved.

Eva,” I breathed.

She would again be safe…. in the World’s Edge.
THOR
image credits

@[Evangeline]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
whats the sense in anything? - by Evangeline - 04-22-2015, 09:50 PM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Thor - 04-23-2015, 01:23 AM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Evangeline - 04-29-2015, 10:03 PM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Alysanne - 05-04-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Thor - 05-06-2015, 12:45 AM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Evangeline - 05-10-2015, 04:08 PM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Alysanne - 05-12-2015, 08:26 PM