the Rift

[OPEN] whats the sense in anything?

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
It felt as though I’d been years without Evangeline, though I knew it was nothing more than the adrenaline that battle provided and the anxiety that followed. Her voice alone produced a cold sweat that chilled my heated flesh and soothed my rampant thoughts. Never before had I encountered someone with so much pull- a pull to be near her, to please her, and to protect her. She was one of the first things I awoke to and the last thing I thought about before sleep… Of course, Sabine always found a way to interject my love-struck musings and with good cause; she would always be my leading lady.

When at last I was able to reach out and embrace the chestnut mare that I had come to know as my best friend, my best love, and my better half, I heaved a great sigh. There was nothing like finding her against the fading light of war, knowing that she was safe from harm’s clenched fist… No matter the chaos that surrounded us, all was right in our world. “You wouldn’t find a creature on this planet strong enough to keep me from you,” I smiled against her neck. I had found myself pressed against her, reveling in her sweet scent and the everlasting mercy of the Gods that she was unharmed. “I was more worried that you had found yourself dragged into the fray. I never would have been able to forgive myself for that… and I’m still struggling to come to terms with this,” I said while gesturing toward the injured natives. Of course, no one had been spared from bloody war and that was something unforgivable in my eyes.

I had never been a violent man and would never find myself as such… that was just who I was. I believed in peace and equality- was that really something so unspeakable? While I busied myself with haphazard thoughts of the future, I was forced to step away from Eva’s shoulder, still a bit taken aback by her need to face me after so much turmoil. I only wanted to bury myself against her mane and drown out the silent moans of war that surfaced from friend and foe alike. I abhorred what I’d participated in… I didn’t believe it fair or just. However, I was even more offended by the turn of events when I found the tears welling up against the green of Eva’s beautiful eyes. I hated that she worried for me when I was not the one she should be worrying about… I would always find a way back to her side, ‘til death do us part.

It wasn’t until I had come to face her that the incessant squawking began… and I instantly knew from whom it originated. I gasped in fear, shocked that Sabine had somehow made it into the Falls. However, Evangeline was quick to replace the distance between us so that the young bird could climb again into my mane, seeking the comfort and security that thrived between us because of our bond. For a moment I felt nothing, but when the desperate clawing and biting and muted shrills were again pressed against my neck, I smiled. Never before had I been so happy to endure the obnoxious little zephyr in her attempts to be near me… I loved her much more than any spoken word could express. “Thank you,” I whispered to Eva, almost hesitant to raise my voice in fear that I might upset Sabine now that she had finally quieted. Birds were so sensitive to their surroundings and I had learned that a quiet bird was a happy one…

When the quiet had finally reached outward, touching both Eva and I, I looked again for her emerald gaze, only to find it replaced by mortification and strife. She told of injustice and that fact that the invasion had been ill-advised, and I could only nod my approval… It certainly felt unwarranted and I felt so wrong for taking something that was not mine. It was much like stealing and yet there was nothing that either of us could do about it now. We had to move forward, because there was nowhere else to go… except home. “I don’t believe in it at much as you… but what else could we do? I was called to assist my herd and I did, no matter how right or wrong,” I stated coolly. Of course I hadn’t wanted to offend her, but what else could I do? There was no other explanation for this… and nothing to remedy it.

Before I could divulge my own truths or plans, I paused in order to nod toward Alysanne. Her approach was slow and perhaps a bit nervous or tense, but entirely warranted. I had tried my best to protect her during battle and I was glad to see that she was in good health. “I’m okay, though I can’t say the same for those of the Falls. Are you alright Aly?” I questioned tensely. It was as if the subject made me bitter and perhaps it did… I still couldn’t believe what I’d done- what we’d done. I trailed the Moon Doctor’s gaze toward the entrance of the Falls as I spoke and what I found there was freedom. I had already been planning for a few things that I would presently leave concealed, but Alysanne only encouraged me to chase what I believed to be the right path. Staying in the Hidden Falls had never been a part of my plan, even I hadn’t it known it in the past. “I know, no one deserves this,” I whispered. “I can’t stay here...

There. I’d said it. The words had finally come out… I wasn’t lying to myself, or anyone else for that matter, anymore.
THOR
image credits

@[Evangeline] @[Alysanne]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
whats the sense in anything? - by Evangeline - 04-22-2015, 09:50 PM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Thor - 04-23-2015, 01:23 AM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Evangeline - 04-29-2015, 10:03 PM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Alysanne - 05-04-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Thor - 05-06-2015, 12:45 AM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Evangeline - 05-10-2015, 04:08 PM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Alysanne - 05-12-2015, 08:26 PM