the Rift

[OPEN] whats the sense in anything?

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
There were a million things I could have said that would have satisfied Evangeline and yet none of them felt right. All around us, there was destruction and there was heartache. Nothing I could ever say would stitch together the wounds that plagued our hearts… But at least it proved that we were still alive It proved that we could still fee despite the trials we’d suffered through after discovering the Moon Goddess’ treachery. If we were looking to defy her in taking over the Hidden Falls, we’d been sadly mistaken… We’d fallen wholly for her trap and become the darkness that was rumored to curse the World’s Edge. Yet, this life was what we made it and we’d decided to make it something shameful and bloody and downright foolish. Perhaps I was bitter solely because there was nothing left to believe in, or perhaps I was looking for someone else to blame, but anger solved nothing, it did nothing.

The notion itself kept me from truly hearing what Eva had to say about my participation in the battle; there wasn’t anything I could do about it now. It was over and done with and the crimes were already committed. I didn’t have to confirm the idea that a monster existed in each of us, because we already knew the truth. It just so happened that I’d succumbed to mine. However, the Pure’s frustrations stemmed not only from the invasion itself, but also from a sense of betrayal. I understood her qualms and her inability to fulfill her duty, but what good did it do to voice them to anyone other than Kaj and Kahlua? Were they not the appropriate audience? It was almost humorous that she felt the need to condemn me when I had only done what was asked of me as a patron to the World’s Edge. This futile bickering was the final nail that sealed our coffin of hope- I couldn’t tolerate it.

Evangeline… stop, there’s nothing more I can do,” I warned softly. “If you feel so wronged, then do something about it. Otherwise, it’s best if we move on. Everything that happened today will become the past… I’m ready for the future.” I needed to forget and leaving the Falls would aid in my recovery as well as Evangeline’s. I wasn’t sure what would become of the land by the sea, but I would follow whatever rule was constructed to mend the rift left behind by the ever infamous Goddess of the Moon. “I’m alright Aly… In truth, I wasn’t given the opportunity of a full fight. Perhaps it’s just as well, because our cause is so unjust,” I confessed to the attentive Moon Doctor. I was glad to see that her heart of gold was strong enough to withstand even the most gruesome of intent. What was left of the World’s Edge were but bones and the next few weeks would determine whether or not our hierarchy had made the right decision in invading the Hidden Falls.

If it was by fate or by chance, I was surprised to find that both Alysanne and Evangeline believed in returning to the Edge. It didn’t answer the many questions that were born at the mention of my home, but it was the first step in admitting that the Falls simply would not do. “I would love to join you Aly. Clearly we do not belong here,” I stated while glancing toward Eva in spite of my inability to deal with her self-righteous outburst. All things would be solved in time and I only hoped that she would remain at my side to find out. I was exhausted and my adrenaline had finally faded and there was nothing left of my resolve that supported an argument of that size. That meant that Eva would have to wait for such a conversation if she so desired. In the meantime I was ready to go home.

My head had come to hang low in a combination of shame and fatigue, and though I required no healing, my heart did sit heavy within my chest. I only hoped that the World’s Edge would one day remember her former glory, because as it stood now, I always would.

THOR
image credits

@[Evangeline] @[Alysanne]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
whats the sense in anything? - by Evangeline - 04-22-2015, 09:50 PM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Thor - 04-23-2015, 01:23 AM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Evangeline - 04-29-2015, 10:03 PM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Alysanne - 05-04-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Thor - 05-06-2015, 12:45 AM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Evangeline - 05-10-2015, 04:08 PM
RE: whats the sense in anything? - by Alysanne - 05-12-2015, 08:26 PM