the Rift

Alone and at Bliss

Zora Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Zora
"Don't depend on anyone in this world, because even your shadow leaves you when you're in darkness."

Such a delicate thing life is, one minute you could be frolicking around without a care in the world, the next your dead bodice lay cold on the earth. It's so easy to take life away, yet at the same time very difficult. I guess that all depends on who you are. Large stallions seem to have no issue taking lives, especially when it comes to stealing a herd. A fate my father met when one stole his family. I can still hear his dying screams in my sleep sometimes. I'm not sure why those screams had stayed with me for so long but they had. Nonetheless I didn't let them get to me, I needed to keep my mind sharp and not go all crazy hearing voices inside my head.

I had been walking for quite some time now not really looking for anything. I had just recently came upon this land after I was sent away from my herd, which was now ruled by a vicious killer. I wish I could have brought my mother along with me. She was too old to take such beatings like he gave for disobedience. Still she wanted to stay with the herd, she said it was her place. I hope she is still alright. I myself had many of these beatings, though my hide was not scarred in the scrabbles. Cut many of times yes, but all healed over and my golden coat always came back. Which I was thankful for, I wanted no one to feel pity for me. A lone mare all scarred up with no one to protect her, bleck, that was not what I wanted.

I don't mind being alone, its soothing really. As long as you can keep from going insane that is. The trick to it is to keep your mind busy, not with thoughts or those weird arguments you have with yourself. No, keep your mind on memories, your favorite ones that always make you smile. Mine is when I was young and herd were all out for a run. It was early spring with the first nice day outside. We all were feeling giddy after a long winter bucking and kicking like foals. It was my first winter for I was only a yearling but I remember it well. Running along side my father gave me a rush I'll never forget. When I ran faster than he did, even though I know he let me win, I got such a great feeling about myself. Memories like that is what keeps one sane.

I could feel the gentle breeze coming through the forest, which I for one enjoyed. The forest was a quiet one, ever greens all in line with some vegetation undergrowth. For a moment it almost felt like home, but then again will anything ever feel like home again? I doubted that. Along side the forest was a massive rock formation, to most mountains. With it's steep peaks and snow dusted tops it was indeed a place that created a sort of blissful atmosphere. As much as I enjoyed the forest I was in need of some sunlight to warm my chilled body.

Once out of the forest I closed my deep emerald green eyes and soaked in the light. My dappled buckskin pelt drank in the vitamin d like a parched foal. Enjoying the moment for a while longer my stomach reminded me that I needed to eat and wasn't some immortal animal that could go more than a day without some sort of food. I scanned the area quickly to get a sense of where I was at. My golden harks tipped with black, just like my mane and tail, swiveled around like a sonar. Content that there was no immediate danger I lower my muzzle and begun grazing away reminiscing on the good days of childhood. As well as wondering if I was ever going to have any sort of family, or if I even wanted one.

Messages In This Thread
Alone and at Bliss - by Zora - 04-23-2015, 11:27 PM
RE: Alone and at Bliss - by Elsa - 04-24-2015, 11:34 AM
RE: Alone and at Bliss - by Zora - 04-24-2015, 12:48 PM
RE: Alone and at Bliss - by Elsa - 04-24-2015, 01:26 PM
RE: Alone and at Bliss - by Zora - 04-24-2015, 01:59 PM
RE: Alone and at Bliss - by Elsa - 04-27-2015, 10:11 AM