the Rift

[OPEN] Cadence and Creation [Hut Building]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Originally the girl had thought that perhaps she wanted a dragon. There were so many in the Edge, and their strength and beauty was obvious. Some could breathe fire, others ice or sparks. Now however, she wasn't so sure.

As Khan appeared in the clear - her clearing - her golden eyes tracked his movements. As he let a cry escape his lips, the girl knew that her Mother couldn't be too far behind. Likely the dragon was both mentally and verbally signalling that he had found her child. And Kaj said she didn't want the responsibility ... so why is she tracking me? However her thoughts were displaced as the dragon breathed ice on her foundation. Isopia's ears pinned against her skull, and her death-marked face shot upwards towards the dragon.

She definitely didn't want one if they were going to cause so much trouble.

With a snort, the mud-smeared child trotted forward to inspect her hut. In truth, she didn't really mind. Frostfall was going to come down on them soon enough, and if her hut couldn't withstand some ice, it wouldn't last through the winter. In a way, the dragon was merely testing her structure for soundness. Nevertheless, she didn't appreciate the disruption.

As Kahlua arrived, bringing a symphony of sounds with her, the girl cast a look over her shoulder. Her mane was dread locked against her neck, and her forelock was smeared with mud and plastered back around her ears. Sweat coated her ever growing body, hungrily attracting dirt whenever possible.

good job

The praise felt awkward, and perhaps even a little strained. Did her Mother even know what she was doing? Worse, was she going to offer to help? Silently, the girl pivoted around to face the Queen, her amber eyes wide and emotionless. Questions raced through her mind: Were things all tied up in the Edge? Was her Mother here to stay? Would she have to admit that while she wouldn't let her mother give her a name, she had let a whale? And even worse, it didn't begin with K? Should she tell her that she had gone to see her Father? That he had given her a quest?

Maybe she would start with something simpler.

"I'm building a hut." She offered, voicing the obvious. "The foundation is complete. I will have to wait before making the rest of the sides and so forth ... This type of magic is really draining." As she admitted her weaknesses, she felt her face flush. To try and compensate, she continued talking. "The rocks give off heat, so I'll be warm in the winter. You won't have to worry about me." She concluded. Since Kahlua had seemed so worried about the responsibility of having a child, Isopia assumed that this tidbit of information regarding the temperature of the rocks might put her mind at ease.

"Are you and Khan staying with the rest of the herd?"

ISOPIA
IN REALITY'S SHADOW THE BLIND SEE BEST
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Cadence and Creation [Hut Building] - by Isopia - 04-24-2015, 03:58 PM
RE: Cadence and Creation [Hut Building] - by Isopia - 04-29-2015, 01:57 PM