the Rift

[OPEN] It's been a long way [welcoming]

Calder Posts: 23
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 6 (Birdsong) HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Kiki

- - C A L D E R - -
hold back the river

It was not a long journey – not in comparison to the journey that bought him to this place. However, the circumstances this time around made for a much more pleasant adventure. His vivid blue eyes wander over the landscape – committing the landscape and the paths that seem well traveled to memory. The company helped too. Calder much preferred the companionship of his own kind to the pair otters he had begun his journey with. He returns Waprevah’s smile and offers a little dip of his head as well. “I admit that’s good to hear. I feel like I’ve been wandering for the better part of a year now.” It wasn’t too far off in terms of an estimate, really. Things had started to turn for the worst in Frostfall the year prior when the snow began to fall and just didn’t stop. It was all downhill from there, really.

As the air grew colder and the altitude climbed higher, Calder felt more and more comfortable with his surroundings. The dappled stallion had been out of his element for far too long. Even here in this strange place, so far from everything he has ever known, there was some sense of familiarity in the cold and in the snowcapped peaks. The idea of having a life somewhere away from his herd, his family. But in his eyes, going back was not an option. Forward. Always forward. He would find his place here. With every step he grew more confident that his place was here, and not on the sides of a ruined mountain. He was first to leave the mountain in his herd’s history. Even those banished never went further than the foothills. He assumed they just presumed him dead in the mudslide.

Perhaps it was best that way. Everyone had the closure they were looking for, and Calder had the opportunity that he had always craved but had never known he wanted.

His gaze lingered on the mare who confidently picked her way across the landscape. She seemed nice enough, not that Calder could attest to being a superior judge of character by any means. It had never been a gift of his - he had always been one to linger on the outskirts before... “Compliments, eh?” he mused, playfully, “I’m sure I can come up with something creative,” he says with a grumbling laugh. “You think my face will do if I put on my verra best smile?” He asks, presenting her with said exaggerated smile.

He shakes it off and finds himself more at ease as the smell of other equines again becomes evident in the cool air. They must be close then, they think. Unconsciously, he glances to Waprevah, gaging her reaction to their surroundings.

“I can see why you’re fond of it here. It’s quite something.” His eyes flicker across the landscape – committing landmarks to memory – before settling back to Waprevah and offering her another small, slightly sloping smile.

image credit || Tags: @[Waprevah]
Please tag Calder in all posts.
Force & magic are permitted but please check before inflicting severe and/or permanent damage.
Pixel by Sourful

Messages In This Thread
It's been a long way [welcoming] - by Waprevah - 04-25-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: It's been a long way [welcoming] - by Calder - 05-02-2015, 11:34 PM
RE: It's been a long way [welcoming] - by Deimos - 05-14-2015, 05:56 PM