the Rift

[PRIVATE] Lost Your Way

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

There was disappointment on the face of the filly when he first showed up which was a rather surprising and odd reaction from someone who had just been calling out for help. He did not have to wait long to get an explanation about why she seemed to want someone else - because she did. The filly wanted her dad and Mesec was, of course, not the one she had been hoping for. Her explanations were broken, choppy, and he found it an interesting contrast to the eloquent cousin of his and the exuberant Zero - the only two other foals he had interacted with recently. How she spoke reminded him of Gaucho, actually, and he wondered if perhaps the giant Sultan was the father she had been separated from on her explorations. “Who’s your dad? I’ll help you find him.” He promised with a smile, hoping that it was a promise that he would be able to keep - however long it took.

She asked him why he was down here and his ears twitched as he recalled what had driven him down into the sanctuary of the caves once more. Not some fearsome plague of fear, not the thundering of rain, but some vultures that were getting too close and too bold. Still, as embarrassing as the truth was going to be to admit - even to a foal - he couldn’t think of a reason to lie. Maybe it would be funny to her, getting her to laugh might cheer her up right? “I was, uh, hiding from some scary birds when I heard you calling out.”

Even as he was thinking of more questions to ask her, she was doing the same for him. The dark eyed girl introduced herself as Mordecai, the resemblance to Gaucho’s manner of speaking getting stronger the more she spoke. “I’m Mesec, from the Throat.” He wasn’t sure why he added that little bit onto the end - maybe he was hoping it was comforting for her to hear that he had a home, they were close enough to it now that it might be a place that she recognized the name of. He was trying to be reassuring, his voice calm and deep when it broke the silence of the cave they stood. “What do you say we get out of here, Mordecai?”

@[Mordecai] <3

I’m trying to find my direction home, ______________
A question of space, a matter of time, _______
I follow the stars until the first light.

image by jjjj56cp at flickr
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Lost Your Way - by Mesec - 04-25-2015, 10:33 PM
RE: Lost Your Way - by Mordecai - 04-25-2015, 10:58 PM
RE: Lost Your Way - by Mesec - 04-25-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: Lost Your Way - by Mordecai - 04-25-2015, 11:43 PM
RE: Lost Your Way - by Mesec - 04-26-2015, 12:09 AM
RE: Lost Your Way - by Mordecai - 05-03-2015, 08:48 PM
RE: Lost Your Way - by Mesec - 05-20-2015, 07:48 PM