the Rift

[OPEN] Man the defenses

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
The gathering grows, with heated exchanges passing between a few members of the group. Mauja, for one, has words of heat and bitterness. I disregard him and the trouble he stirs, trying instead to focus on the trouble at hand. We are divided up, with those of us desiring to be warrior leads going with Ophelia, the diplomatic leads following Kahlua. I turn to follow the pale lady, accompanied by Elsa, Torleik, and a son of the Throat that I am unfamiliar with.

I am sure, going into this, that I am at a disadvantage. I am asking to be a leader of a herd, a warrior lead, after just losing a battle defending my previous herd. But shouldn't this be different? A chance to start over, a chance to truly lead. To devise my own strategies rather than scrambling to figure out what plans might have been had, but never communicated. I would not blame our loss on Midas, at least, not solely. There were many reasons why the Falls herd failed to defend itself. It is true that I carry much of the responsibility and guilt for that failure.

But that will not stop me now from trying again, trying for better, for more. And should I fail? Well. Fuck all that shit. Better to try and fail, than never try at all. Ophelia presents our challenge: keep her away from the tree. We are to use whatever the Edge offers - the seer, the warriors, the crafters. It's simple, yet strange and complicated. I stand for a moment, struck dumb as the gears in my mind shift and whir. Yes, watch them turn, stupid fuckers. Didn't think the drunk even had a brain, did ya?

But I do have a brain. I listen to the ideas of the others as one by one they present their plan. I'm the last to speak. I do not know the Edge very well at the moment, and I wonder if my plan can even slightly include the wonderful advantages that the Edge might have. All I can do is try.

"Rostislav begins to outline a plan for the defense of the tree against the (evil) Ophelia. Aka Frosty Nips.

- Crafters created a glass wall/fence surround the herd/tree.
- Hanging vine would surround/weave through the glass wall, providing greater fortitude. (Though weakening in Orangemoon and ineffective during Frostfall.)
- If the fauna of the land may be induced to help defend, the Luna butterflies may be used as a distraction/veil in the night, and the lantern foxes may distract invaders such as Ophelia.
- The mists of the World's Edge would be a natural advantage in blinding those unfamiliar in the land.
- The Seer may foresee the attack that is coming, and better assist us in assembling our forces.
- Forces may be congregated at weak points in the wall, or where stronger invaders are seen advancing on the outside of the glass.

So, the vines from the tree that we guard may fortify a glass wall surrounding me and the tree. Butterflies and mist may obscure her vision. I shall prepare defense and see her coming as she attempts to breach the glass.
(Or you know, I can throw alcohol her and get someone to light her on fire. Old school molotov cocktail)"

I give a small harumph sound, wondering if my plan is good enough. Will it succeed? Fail? Will I ever be a match for Ophelia or any of the Basin, of the Edge? Of course I will. I'm Rostislav.

WC: 400

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Man the defenses - by Ophelia - 04-26-2015, 01:06 AM
RE: Man the defenses - by Torleik - 04-26-2015, 07:14 PM
RE: Man the defenses - by Ampere - 04-26-2015, 08:39 PM
RE: Man the defenses - by Cathun - 04-27-2015, 10:07 AM
RE: Man the defenses - by Elsa - 04-27-2015, 10:42 AM
RE: Man the defenses - by Rostislav - 04-30-2015, 12:21 AM