the Rift

[PRIVATE] Zing! Zing...

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

Slowly drifting, drifting away, wave after wave

She's on the beach again. She has come more and more often, or at least when she can. There's something building inside of her, growing with each experience that pounds another dent into the mold of her being. It was easier when she was younger, to let go, to forget. Wisdom was sticky though, and it held onto things, keeping them. It wasn't always for forever, but long enough to change her. Sometimes it was for the better, maybe always, but it didn't often feel that way.

It was only here, next to the ocean, that she could drown out everything else with its tireless roar. Its beauty captivated her, its flexibility inspired her, and its strength reminded her. The ocean moved on, tireless, endless, weightless... like a battery she was charged by it, life and vigor renewed with every breaking wave.

Even so, Ampere was troubled. Every name she wore was a weight she carried; it was a wonder she could even fly still. No matter how often she walked this shore line, she couldn't quite shake the sensation of being bound up. Maybe it had to do with her recent abstinence from stallions. Unbidden her thoughts cruelly whispered Gaucho, stabbing her own heart. "Not that," she thought sternly, pushing him away. So was it all her titles, all her responsibilities? The herd had laden her with many tasks, none like she'd had when she roamed wild and free. Another hole in her heart, but she shook her head irritably, certain that her family had lifted her higher than she had ever been alone. So then not her son either? He was the first child she'd stayed to care for, perhaps he was draining too much of her, literal or otherwise. Ampere planted her feet, halting so abruptly her tail spilled in-between her legs. "Never," she breathed.

Yet the feelings did not leave.

Turning her head towards the sea, Ampere watched it for a moment, stationary and silent with uncertainty. The day was warmer than usual for Orangemoon, and the breeze was calmer than normal for the marine land. Her lips set into a thin line. "I need you," she murmured. "Wash it all away..." she begged.

Then, she ran for it.

Like a glass wall her stillness broke and Ampere was suddenly bolting across the Endless Blue, wet sands kicked up in her wake and soon after, healing water.

I wish I could make it easy, easy to love me
a M P E R E
Looking for the right words to say, feels like I'm drowning

Blusl.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Zing! Zing... - by Random Event - 04-26-2015, 01:56 PM
RE: Zing! Zing... - by Ampere - 04-26-2015, 10:42 PM
RE: Zing! Zing... - by Random Event - 04-27-2015, 12:41 AM
RE: Zing! Zing... - by Ampere - 05-03-2015, 07:26 PM
RE: Zing! Zing... - by Random Event - 05-23-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: Zing! Zing... - by Ampere - 05-24-2015, 12:10 AM
RE: Zing! Zing... - by Random Event - 05-29-2015, 11:07 AM
RE: Zing! Zing... - by Ampere - 05-29-2015, 03:30 PM